• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
But you still bring a team from the lower leagues up to the top league which is never easy even if you have the good players because they could get injured and your reserves aren't going to be that good.

Cloete

International Captain
Tom Halsey said:
Sorry, but what is a WP?
A Work Permit... players always need them if they are from a non-EU country and wish to play in England. They are only granted if the player has played a good percentag of internationals the previous year or something.

Cloete

International Captain
roseboy64 said:
I think it's club appearances mostly and maybe internationals too.
Yeah but it's only club appearances after they get the work permit. I mean when you're trying to buy/sign them then they need internationals.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Cloete said:
A Work Permit... players always need them if they are from a non-EU country and wish to play in England. They are only granted if the player has played a good percentag of internationals the previous year or something.
I knew what a Work Permit is, I just didn't figure out that WP stood for it. :huh:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I don't think Tim Howard had any internationals before Man U signed him.Better yet I'm sure I needed a work permit for Jose Corona and he didn't have any international caps.I signed Rivaldo and he hadn't played any internationals for a while.Anyway i'm gone.Gonna try to go to halfway point now and sign some young players to improve my Reserves and U-19s.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
roseboy64 said:
That's great and all but it helps if you build up a reputation with a higher club then move to a lower one and attract some good players to help your cause to reach the top.
I guess you've not played either of the incarnations of CM4 then?

They make it hard to manage a top side as the fans want instant success.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cloete said:
Yes.. but that means he isn't going to get one!
No necessarily - players with a "special ability" can get them despite no meeting International requirements.

In Cm 03/04 Éderson is one of those (and costs £16k, will play for any side down to the Conference and is a God)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
roseboy64 said:
I don't think Tim Howard had any internationals before Man U signed him.

Manure don't have reference to usual WP rules though.

He got one because he was supposed to be marrying a Hungarian and Hungary were scheduled to join the EU at some date in the future.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
haha the old work permit, ive been mainly playing in belguim and holland lately, my reserves are just full of argentinian and brazilian under 21's players tha are turning into world class players, not needing work permits is awesome :D

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
haha the old work permit, ive been mainly playing in belguim and holland lately, my reserves are just full of argentinian and brazilian under 21's players tha are turning into world class players, not needing work permits is awesome :D
Damn Charlton :@

ash chaulk

International Captain
try playing with Perth Glory and getting superstars to play for ya!!!

I've once managed 2 teams in the same game when they came to play each other i pulled both keepers and the final result was 31 - 27 but not everyone scored!

I have brought oxford up to the premier division but not to europe and ive got Yeoville in Div1

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
roseboy64 said:
That's great and all but it helps if you build up a reputation with a higher club then move to a lower one and attract some good players to help your cause to reach the top.

but if you bring a lower side up to the premier league your rating will be fine allready, insteqad of wasting that first year with a pl side.

but its all what you what to do.

i enjoy the challenge of getting a d3 side up to pl status.

Simon

Cloete said:
Damn Charlton :@
meh, u have heaps of awesome players anyway, i found this french AMC, not zidane, cause iv already got him, but this kid is only 18 and hes absolute gold, hopefully i will dominate GBA for the next 20 years :D

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
meh, u have heaps of awesome players anyway, i found this french AMC, not zidane, cause iv already got him, but this kid is only 18 and hes absolute gold, hopefully i will dominate GBA for the next 20 years :D
LOL not likely..... they'll probably just get that F RC regens regen!

Simon

naa Gunther Van Gorp is gonna lead me to many victories, hes already won a game against them for me, hit the penalty in the 1-0 in athome on the opening day of the season :D