• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
tiger in danger of missing the cut again...mickelson in prime position to grab the no: 1 spot...

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
tiger in danger of missing the cut again...mickelson in prime position to grab the no: 1 spot...
He wont miss the cut and would anyone seriously consider anyone bar Tiger the No.1 golfer if he did?

A massive PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT to that

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
He wont miss the cut and would anyone seriously consider anyone bar Tiger the No.1 golfer if he did?

A massive PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT to that
i know he didn't but he was close after the 1st round and i was talking about the official world golf ranking...on current form, tiger isn't really the all-conquering golfer that he has been...however i am still holding out hope that he will do something spectacular over the weekend and at least go to pebble beach with some positive energy even if he doesn't win at muirfield...

grecian

Well a good year for yarpy/poms:)

Well done Justin, about time though, slightly ruined by Jim Nance quoting Bette Midler FFS:@

grecian

Well now the Worsop wonder wins, god knows how. One of the biggest chokes I've ever seen on a golf course by Garrigus.

English blokes rather good at golf at the moment, just hope we can convert it in a major:)

grecian

Yay, we're good at golf at least, where's Anil to chat about it:)

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i am here....yeah great year thus far for the brits on the ga tour and mcdowell might add himself to that list...although mickelson is surging in the 2nd round and now tied for 5th....

grecian

i am here....yeah great year thus far for the brits on the ga tour and mcdowell might add himself to that list...although mickelson is surging in the 2nd round and now tied for 5th....
Tied for second now, he must be favourite, Ernie looking good too. Casey the best Brit hope, has the game for a US Open.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
mcdowell finished badly but johnson's love affair with pebble beach seems to be continuing...and tiger gets back into the mix....it is johnson's to lose now...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Tied for second now, he must be favourite, Ernie looking good too. Casey the best Brit hope, has the game for a US Open.
mickelson came back to the field quite a bit...he and ernie are still in it though...but those two and tiger need some help from johnson to have a chance tomorrow...

grecian

mickelson came back to the field quite a bit...he and ernie are still in it though...but those two and tiger need some help from johnson to have a chance tomorrow...
Yeah, but it's a US Open, could easily see Johnson hitting an 80, far from over this. Shame I can't really watch it live, because of the timing.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, but it's a US Open, could easily see Johnson hitting an 80, far from over this. Shame I can't really watch it live, because of the timing.
yeah if johnson goes even par today, i'd say he wins this...

grecian

yeah if johnson goes even par today, i'd say he wins this...
Yeah, make you right, very hard to shoot low in the last round of this tournament, despite big names, Westwood the only guy making a move in the early starters.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Pebble Beach is an incredible golf course, it really is. I love watching this sport in HD: The standards it demands of players, the miniscule margins of error offered, and the breathtaking scenery and Pacific shores.

Tiger probably getting rather too close to the ocean there, however.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
johnson and woods playing poorly and out of it at this point, it's between mcdowell, favret, els and mickelson...