• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well good win for Ernie, always think whenever he wins "why doesn't he win more?".

A lot of my fave players doing really well this last couple of weeks, Camillo winning, Kaymer and Scwartzel giving really good accounts of themselves. All jolly good, but it does still feel a bit like we're in limbo until a certain bloke comes back.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Well good win for Ernie, always think whenever he wins "why doesn't he win more?".

A lot of my fave players doing really well this last couple of weeks, Camillo winning, Kaymer and Scwartzel giving really good accounts of themselves. All jolly good, but it does still feel a bit like we're in limbo until a certain bloke comes back.
....and the bloke is back!:)

grecian

Yeah, really looking forward to it. Glad I got my money on Kim before he won yesterday.

Real good mixture of resurgent oldies and really good youngsters, obviously it'll all be over-shadowed.

Ernie is unbackable at the price he's at IMHO. He's far too flaky and is always overawed by the tiger.

Camillo, Anthony and Scwartzel are my youth tips to come through, and Padraig to have a top tournament too, about time he did better at Augusta.

Fred Couples is an odd outside bet, am considering it, TBH.

Pothas

Well there are three Englishmen in the top 10 and one of them is going to win a major at some point, hope it is this week as I have money on Poulter and Casey.

grecian

Well there are three Englishmen in the top 10 and one of them is going to win a major at some point, hope it is this week as I have money on Poulter and Casey.
Well, we've been waiting 14 years for a winner, and they and Westwood have certainly got the game. I'm not sure about their temperament at the top level though, think we'll have a Norn winner before them, TBH. Yet it's a wide open tournament, so who knows, it's a better betting event then the Grand National this week.

Pothas

Yeah cannot wait, always quite liked Golf but never been one my top sports but I just love the masters, one of my very favourite sporting events.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Is Tiger to win the Masters the longest odds he's been since he became so famous and acclaimed?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is Tiger to win the Masters the longest odds he's been since he became so famous and acclaimed?
Quite possibly.

If he wins it he'd have to be regarded as one of the most mentally tough sportspeople ever, surely?

grecian

Almost certainly, ridiculously short though, IMHO. 20-1 would be about right for me. I don't think he can possibly win.

They'll be famous last words, no doubt.....

grecian

Where are all these old people coming from?
Yeah, it's like a Saga holiday. Can't say I'm surprised at Couples though.

Yet Lyle keeps on doing this at the Masters, plays ****e everywhere else, it's very odd. Watson just a dead-set legend, surely he can't, can he?

Tiger looking really quite incredible considering, but a lot of guys scoring low.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I love this tourney. It and the Open dead set two of my dream events to see.

Love Foxin Freddie too. Seems a good guy. And Waston? I cried last year when he lost the Open. That would have been one of the great sporting stories.

But my God, if he goes close here, won't the simpering Yank commentators ruin it for everyone?
And it seems Tiger is sill Tiger..

grecian

I love this tourney. It and the Open dead set two of my dream events to see.

Love Foxin Freddie too. Seems a good guy. And Waston? I cried last year when he lost the Open. That would have been one of the great sporting stories.

But my God, if he goes close here, won't the simpering Yank commentators ruin it for everyone?
And it seems Tiger is sill Tiger..
I yearn for "simpering yanks", we've got Peter Alliss:wheelchai

Pothas

I yearn for "simpering yanks", we've got Peter Alliss:wheelchai
Hahaha Peter Allis, memorably ****ed up when Mickleson won his first masters a few years back.

Ken Brown is on something as well in my opinion.

Quite like Sam Torrence though, served him a couple of times at the cinema actually. he loves Avatar. Do not think he had any idea that I recognised him though.

Last edited:

Pothas

Great first round anyway today, really well set up, am mightily pissed off that I have work Saturday and Sunday so will miss it all.