Page 11 of 133 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The Golf Thread

Not really a fan of golf but this looks like a grandstand finish coming up after Harrington went into the water twice on the 18th.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Not really a fan of golf but this looks like a grandstand finish coming up after Harrington went into the water twice on the 18th.
    garcia bogeyed the 18th to tie harrington so it is into a playoff, harrington leading by 2 right now...

sergio chokes at the finish line yet again and paddy harrington takes home the open...

International Vice-Captain headhunter's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Wooo great to see an irish(or even europe) winner of the open.
    Was my favourite major of the year also,the course was fair and it made for some good golf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    I'm still bitter about BBC2 showing the signing of the Good Friday Agreement instead of the Simpsons.
    Manager XpertEleven side: BEST Indies FC: Won Champions Cup 1 season 5
    Premiership Last Man Standing: headhunter 26/10-26/11/07 Agent TBY & headhunter (tied) 08/08-25/08/08
    CW Blue - We are the Blues, we never lose.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Brad View Post
    15-But could be getting changed
    Did you win the net award in the A-Grade Championship?
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Hail Tiger Woods - what a player he is.

13 majors and counting. A phenomenal effort in an era with so wide a field of quality players.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    He has won 13 times in 44 majors as a professional (Nicklaus won 11 in his first 44). That's a phenomenal winning rate considering how many players you have to play against. A sport like Tennis, you play what, 8 people one at a time, to win a championship?

Amazing, considering the quality of players is also higher. Niklaus was also 35 when he won his 13th, and Woods is 31. Just a matter of time IMO. I think he ends up with 22.

The most astonishing thing is, he now has more majors than the next five active players combined or something ridiculous like that.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 13-08-2007 at 09:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Hail Tiger Woods - what a player he is.

13 majors and counting. A phenomenal effort in an era with so wide a field of quality players.
    yes! tremendous effort in both the world golf championship the week before and in the pga championship! did you hear woody austin whine in his press conference that he doesn't get as much cheers as woods? an even more stupid statement, he said he outplayed woods in the 2nd round(woods scored a phenomenal 7 under 63 while austin scored an even par 70) but woods just scored better!!

anyone following the fedex cup playoffs on the pga tour? today was an electrifying day at the tpc boston for the deutsche bank championship with phil and tiger facing off and phil for once coming out on top...

Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    anyone following the fedex cup playoffs on the pga tour? today was an electrifying day at the tpc boston for the deutsche bank championship with phil and tiger facing off and phil for once coming out on top...
    Yeah, i'm watching it. put money on Villegas. Next year, will be his year, mark my words.

The play-offs should of been brilliant, but when the top two decide to not take part in one of them, it takes a bit of gloss off it. Woods is a lock now, may have been interesting if phil had played all of them..

To think winning ten million dollars isn't that important to them
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Yeah, i'm watching it. put money on Villegas. Next year, will be his year, mark my words.

The play-offs should of been brilliant, but when the top two decide to not take part in one of them, it takes a bit of gloss off it. Woods is a lock now, may have been interesting if phil had played all of them..

To think winning ten million dollars isn't that important to them
    villegas is looking great at the bmw, looks like he will qualify for atlanta...as for tiger being a lock, i am not so sure, stricker has been playing exceptional golf over the past three weeks...woods needs to win the bmw and then win or finish in a high position at atlanta and also have his nearest rivals do not so good to win the fedex cup...as for michelson, he can still win at atlanta and take the trophy home, anyone from the top 5 or 6 has a good chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    villegas is looking great at the bmw, looks like he will qualify for atlanta...as for tiger being a lock, i am not so sure, stricker has been playing exceptional golf over the past three weeks...woods needs to win the bmw and then win or finish in a high position at atlanta and also have his nearest rivals do not so good to win the fedex cup...as for michelson, he can still win at atlanta and take the trophy home, anyone from the top 5 or 6 has a good chance...
    Your right, Stricker is making a fight of it. His forms come from nowhere this year. Its one of the things I like about golf that someone who you think is finished can suddenly become competitive again at a relative late age.

Looks like Camillos not going to win me any money this week, but he's definitely one to follow. Colombia's second favourite export.

Your right, Stricker is making a fight of it. His forms come from nowhere this year. Its one of the things I like about golf that someone who you think is finished can suddenly become competitive again at a relative late age.

Looks like Camillos not going to win me any money this week, but he's definitely one to follow. Colombia's second favourite export.
    well tiger did what he needed to do in illinois, now the stage is set for another showdown with phil in atlanta, stricker just wilted under the pressure of having to play a super-efficient round just to stay with woods but he didn't do so bad in the end either...

Hmmm.

Tiger winning by seven, have to say it's a tad dull

Hmmm.

Tiger winning by seven, have to say it's a tad dull
    won by 8 actually..., total domination, both mickelson and stricker faded away...woods is just too good, now he is one off arnold palmer's pga-tour win number...

Page 11 of 133 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread Information