• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Shaw is garbage. Really surprised he's started after Williams' performance on Saturday.
Shaw at least had that serious injury as mitigation, but the number of young players who either stall or get worse with us is the most damning part of the whole shambles. If Haaland had chosen to join us I’d worry about signing someone who either isn’t interested in reaching his potential or is ****ing stupid.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Yeah Shaw is garbage. Really surprised he's started after Williams' performance on Saturday.
Don’t quite get all the Shaw hate. Williams is good but the glaring midfield dross of Matic, Lingard and Fred is a bigger issue today.

Tangles

Bit harsh on Fred, he's been fine. It's not easy playing as a one man midfield.
He has played his best with McTominay. He was never getting help from Matic or Lingard. He gets exposed like this cause his passing is poor. Played the best of the 3 today but that’s not saying much.

Uppercut

It’s one of our worst performances yet. Usually one or two players do alright but every single one was dire tonight. Only mitigation is that Arsenal played well- we’ve lost to Bournemouth and Watford teams that barely turned up this season.

Uppercut

Don’t quite get all the Shaw hate. Williams is good but the glaring midfield dross of Matic, Lingard and Fred is a bigger issue today.
I think people are just tired of mentioning how bad the midfield is. Shaw feels worth criticising because he’s one of those players who most people still think of as decent when they’re really not up to it. And also one of the few duds in the team that we have a superior replacement for.

Tangles

I think people are just tired of mentioning how bad the midfield is. Shaw feels worth criticising because he’s one of those players who most people still think of as decent when they’re really not up to it. And also one of the few duds in the team that we have a superior replacement for.
I think Ole is doing the slow integration thing like he is doing with Greenwood. He won’t just start Williams until he gets injured.

With Pogba “injured” again if anything is needed in the transfer window it’s a passing midfielder. With McTominay and Pogba out we look a shambles with the ball.

Uppercut

Definitely. But if we’re only talking about the most pressing problems, getting rid of Woodward has to be the priority. Everything else follows from that.

Tangles

Definitely. But if we’re only talking about the most pressing problems, getting rid of Woodward has to be the priority. Everything else follows from that.
Agreed but while the club is turning a profit in general the Glazers are not likely to fire him.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
His new contract was such an obviously stupid idea. Was already on huge wages from his initial deal, and got a big time extension on the back of a few decent months. Think he's now on Aubameyang kind of money. Was cracking up at the time when Henry Winter was tweeting about how deserved it was.

Uppercut

His new contract was such an obviously stupid idea. Was already on huge wages from his initial deal, and got a big time extension on the back of a few decent months. Think he's now on Aubameyang kind of money. Was cracking up at the time when Henry Winter was tweeting about how deserved it was.
We do a lot of undeserved contract extensions. Woodward said recently that he extends the contracts of mediocre players so that he has less work to do during the transfer window.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
We do a lot of undeserved contract extensions. Woodward said recently that he extends the contracts of mediocre players so that he has less work to do during the transfer window.
scenes, you're in a position that's stressful for two months of the year and...nope, just gonna pack it in

did you read the Athletic piece on him?

Uppercut

scenes, you're in a position that's stressful for two months of the year and...nope, just gonna pack it in

did you read the Athletic piece on him?
Yeah. He did a Prince Andrew-esque publicity tour around the time it was written, which is where my paraphrasing came from. The real quote is actually even stupider:

‘It's a multi-year squad evolution analysis. It's hard enough to get three players done (in a transfer window) to get six or seven players done in a transfer window is extremely difficult if you're getting proper talent.

We did it one year, but if you choose to churn every player because they're not good enough, because you're not extending contracts, you're putting yourself at risk of execution.’

A more literal interpretation would be that he was worried he’d be gullotined if he didn’t give Phil Jones a new contract. ****er can’t even speak Management Bollocks properly.

andmark

International Captain
Ok, I'm starting to believe now (unfortunately). The gap as it stands with a game in hand is too much to allow me to put my fingers in the ears and say "nanana notouryear nanaana".

vcs

Can they actually rack up an unbeatable 110 points in a season or something like that? Nothing would surprise me at this point.