• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

andmark

International Captain
It's tough supporting Liverpool. Things always happen dramatically with them for some reason. It's just weird.

andmark

International Captain
Most fans think this about their club really.
Yeah, that's probably true although it tends to happen in particularly big games with Liverpool.

On a broader perspective, that result does a lot of good for the United and Arsenal fans here. One point separating 3rd to 6th.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Most fans think this about their club really.
I think most fans think of their club as plucky bottlers. As in ‘to screw it up from here would be the most Palace/Watford/Norwich/Team Rocket thing ever’. Think I’ve heard that exact line said about 20 different clubs.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Liverpool are surely going to break 90 points this season, but it feels like they only played great football in December. They've been insanely clinical and had some handy slices of luck at the right times.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hadn't heard of this Alfredo Morelos bloke until I started playing the new FM a few weeks back, but sounds like the bloke is a complete nutter.

cpr

International Coach
Hadn't heard of this Alfredo Morelos bloke until I started playing the new FM a few weeks back, but sounds like the bloke is a complete nutter.

Doesn't help that Brown is the Scottish Lee Bowyer/Joey Barton. Absolute middle of the road footballer, ****house extraordinaire

Niall

International Coach
Doesn't help that Brown is the Scottish Lee Bowyer/Joey Barton. Absolute middle of the road footballer, ****house extraordinaire
I was very young at the time, but wasn't Bowyer really gun with that quality Leeds side?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I was very young at the time, but wasn't Bowyer really gun with that quality Leeds side?
Was definitely not the same player after the racially aggravated assault trial which he was shamefully acquitted in.

Odd how the public largely forgave Woodgate for that incident, or at least forgot about it to a degree, but never did Bowyer

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Only bonkers because of his massively questionable injury record tbf.

Definitely had the talent and ability to play at that level, and was certainly a big upgrade on the other defenders RM had at the time (i.e. Helguera, Meijia, Raul Bravo etc.).

Furball

Evil Scotsman
True, but 5 red cards in a season and all that
He's a bit of a hothead but he gets referees to a different standard.

3 of his red cards have been in incidents where he was the initial victim (one of those reds were rescinded.)

We're at a point where opposition players get a free shot at winding him up by fouling him, safe in the knowledge he'll get sent off if he reacts.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He's a bit of a hothead but he gets referees to a different standard.

3 of his red cards have been in incidents where he was the initial victim (one of those reds were rescinded.)

We're at a point where opposition players get a free shot at winding him up by fouling him, safe in the knowledge he'll get sent off if he reacts.
Tbf at least some of that is on him though. If you know your opposition are going to try and certain tactic you need to try and do something to counter it.