• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd have guessed countries with very old 10 and 12-team leagues where they face 4 times a year, plus multiple cup competitions.

Celtic-Rangers? Glentoran-Linfield?

cpr

International Coach
The amount of time Liverpool and Everton have spent in the top flight might put them up there.

vcs

Man Utd. would have been well and truly challenging for the title had that impostor Mourinho not single-handedly ripped apart their season while trying to convince everyone that he was encumbered with a **** squad.

Solskjaer has done a pretty remarkable job there.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Man Utd. would have been well and truly challenging for the title had that impostor Mourinho not single-handedly ripped apart their season while trying to convince everyone that he was encumbered with a **** squad.

Solskjaer has done a pretty remarkable job there.
I don't think we would be challenging for the title but for Mourinho. The squad, whilst a lot better than Mourinho made it look, does still have some issues and we've ridden our luck at times under Solskjaer. I definitely think we'd be top four but we're not as good as Liverpool or City. Not that close either tbh.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah agreed. It's clear now that Mourinho was a significant factor in Utd's poor performance earlier in the season, but it's a bit of a stretch to say they'd have challenged for the title if he had been booted earlier.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
They'd make a good cup team because they've got attacking talent that when it fires can beat anyone on their day.

There's too many squad deficiencies for them to challenge at the moment.

Niall

International Coach
They'd make a good cup team because they've got attacking talent that when it fires can beat anyone on their day.

There's too many squad deficiencies for them to challenge at the moment.
Best case scenario for United is challenging for the league the season after next. Its generally accepted full backs they are lacking, Shaw is good but hopeless attacking, Young is somewhat regressing while Dalot is a work in progress. Then obviously a lack of centre half and elite width. Players linked such as Sancho, koulibaly etc would set them back over 200 million. Then got to move a lot of dross on to make up for these huge signings.

You can't sort that in one summer, you just can't.

Liverpool and City will the main contenders next season imo.

Spark

Global Moderator
Best case scenario for United is challenging for the league the season after next. Its generally accepted full backs they are lacking, Shaw is good but hopeless attacking, Young is somewhat regressing while Dalot is a work in progress. Then obviously a lack of centre half and elite width. Players linked such as Sancho, koulibaly etc would set them back over 200 million. Then got to move a lot of dross on to make up for these huge signings.

You can't sort that in one summer, you just can't.

Liverpool and City will the main contenders next season imo.
Midfield? They surely can't rely on Matic for that much longer.

Uppercut

Matic definitely needs replaced imo.

Speaking of players getting past it sooner than they used to, I read the other day that Barnsley are 2nd in League One having not given a single minute to a player over 26. Must surely be some sort of record.

cpr

International Coach
He's looked so so much better since Ole took over. First half of the season he was absolute garbage, taking 14 touches before passing backwards. Pretty much since game one under Ole he's been playing it quick, looking forwards most of the time. Even seen him take it past a man to make space for the forward pass. Getting Matic and Herrera working has worked wonders for Pogba (as has actually allowing him to play it forward without the fear of a bollocking)

Uppercut

He's one of these players who's neither as good as some people say, nor is he as bad as is made out to be by others imo.
He’s better with the ball than he gets credit for, but far worse at defending than is widely believed.

Has gone from abysmal to acceptable since Ole took over, but it really doesn’t feel like we lose much when McTominay plays instead. I’m not one of his haters but you can’t wait until players are undeniably hopeless before shipping them out. If Fergie was in charge he’d get rid this summer.

Niall

International Coach
He’s better with the ball than he gets credit for, but far worse at defending than is widely believed.

Has gone from abysmal to acceptable since Ole took over, but it really doesn’t feel like we lose much when McTominay plays instead. I’m not one of his haters but you can’t wait until players are undeniably hopeless before shipping them out. If Fergie was in charge he’d get rid this summer.
I think midfield while not exactly perfect is not a concern compared to a lack of gun centre half and the width issues which has been discussed before.

Also another concern for United is their 2 best players Poga and De Gea are not guaranteed champs league soccer next season, not silly to think they may decide to leave, well at least one of them. I don't think Liverpool or City have any concerns of losing their elite players.