• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jonah Lomu, 1975-2015

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
:( one of my first distinct sporting memories was watching an all-blacks vs aus test and hearing my dad raving about Jonah. He isn't much of a sporting guy so that speaks volumes about the impact Jonah had as an ambassador for the game.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
also the only NZ sports star to have a playstation game named after him

"they're like cattle trucks in a shunting yard!"

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
:( RIP big guy

The Hurricanes team with him and Cullen and Tana was the best.
Heh, I think a better way to put it would be to say - having Cullen, Lomu and Tana in the backline was the only thing that made the Hurricanes watchable.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
RIP. 40 is way too young :(

One of the few Rugby players whose name I recognized. I remember reading a random article on Great Sporting Moments and it mentioned Lomu's performance in the 1995 world Cup. Even though I knew ****all about the sport, I was blown away by how spectacular his performance looked (atleast in the YouTube highlights I could find). Must've been amazing to watch for fans of the sport.

Last edited:

Zinzan

That try where he just runs over Mike Catt. So good.
Seriously don't think I'm exaggerating to say I've seen that over 100 times. Has to be the most replayed footage in All Black history, and that's no mean feat.

Zinzan

Heh, I think a better way to put it would be to say - having Cullen, Lomu and Tana in the backline was the only thing that made the Hurricanes watchable.
With the possible exception of Mark "Bull" Allen.