• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Heard Maloney on the radio yesterday. He said he's never walked into a club and seen a bloke command as much respect from everyone at a joint as Wallace does. Glad he's got a gig on the coaching staff. seems a quality fella.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
His second stint with us was one of the most pleasant footy surprises I've had in recent years. He was a bog average half at Brisbane and I was expecting him to be a blocker on guys like Cleary coming through when we signed him. His reinvention as a hooker was awesome and reckon he'd be the second best hooker of this generation if he had moved to the position in his mid 20s.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Parra actually looked like a good footy team for 15 or so at least. The set before the Terepo try was brutal. They have it in them, they're just complete passengers.

Souths a quality team this year tbf.

Burgey

yeah I think if you want to win it, you'll have to beat Souths.

Parra's first half was good, then they made two errors straight out of half time and basically only touched the ball to kick off for the next twenty. Right side defence was an embarrassment. And what was terepo doing racing out of the line to leave that gap for Alex Johnston's try? That basically goes against every defensive thing you get taught. He ran across two of his own players to rush out of the line and put a shot on, and came up empty. it was village.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah I think if you want to win it, you'll have to beat Souths.

Parra's first half was good, then they made two errors straight out of half time and basically only touched the ball to kick off for the next twenty. Right side defence was an embarrassment. And what was terepo doing racing out of the line to leave that gap for Alex Johnston's try? That basically goes against every defensive thing you get taught. He ran across two of his own players to rush out of the line and put a shot on, and came up empty. it was village.
They were very good for 30 of the 40 minutes. The other 10 were excruciatingly bad though.

There were a number of terrible defensive plays (defending scrums should be something these guys can do in their sleep), but French's work in Johnston's first try has to take the cake. A backrower rushing out of the line to put a shot on is one thing, French ran 20 meters from Fullback to attempt one (and he's not a big guy!) on the 30 meter line after his center & winger had been caught making a tackle. No surprise a little chip into the in goal worked pretty easily. I don't care how quick the guy is, you send him back to a lower tier to learn the fundamentals before putting him at Fullback after that. Amateur stuff.

Burgey

haha yeah that was diabolical. I can't work out what either of those blokes was thinking.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Could be worse. You could be the mange.

Mbye gone next year
Woods likely gone in the next week or two
Foran "forced" into retirement
Klemmer the only one worth feeding of the rest of them.

And Raelene got promoted to the Rah Rah job after leaving them in this mess. You honestly couldn't make this stuff up. :laugh:

EDIT: Mbye actually gone next week :laugh:

Last edited:

Burgey

Yeah I reckon they'll finish below us and get the spoon. Which pleases me as I have a number of mates who support the filth.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't count the Cowboys out, this farewell for Thurston is going from trash to garbage by the game.

Gnske

That might have been the worst game of the year that had nothing to do with the refereeing.

Burgey

Didn’t see the games last night. Wtf happened to Penrith? Roosters a good side but we’re penrith just flat after being up for so long?

I see RCG got his jaw broken. That’s a big blow for them and NSW.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn’t see the games last night. Wtf happened to Penrith? Roosters a good side but we’re penrith just flat after being up for so long?

I see RCG got his jaw broken. That’s a big blow for them and NSW.
The amazing thing is that we hadn't put in a game like that earlier. We have 9 of our top 17 on the sidelines and last night was the first time it really showed. Our senior players had stinkers (Maloney was awful and Peachey not much better) and dudes like Hetherington, Phillips and Ellis need carrying. The Roosters were white hot as well, played far better than at any other point that I'd seen. Cummins being a **** didn't help either.

Was a bad night for NSW all round. Would be amazed if Mitchell is fit after being stretchered off in a scary looking incident, while the two worst players on the field are likely going to be playing for us next week.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yep not a good performance by the Panthers. I thought that Kikau being out was a big blow but in saying that he would have come on 18 nil down, so he would have been up against it.

I wonder what salary cap relief the Panthers will have with the retirements of Browne, Wallace and possibly McKendry (who is on big money). An experienced signing for the remainder of the season could be very useful - I am thinking he'd have to be a big man, not sure who.

Gnske

Aaron Woods, I have no doubt Gus is transcended enough to bail him from that sinking ship at Belmore.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Vete Matagi Vave or I guess Woods were the big guys I would be targeting as they seem unwanted or under utilised at their current club.

Moses Leota showed improvement this year so hopefully he is back within a month and Blake Kikau Mansour could be back within that timeframe too.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I doubt we'll sign anyone, definitely not a guy like Woods who'd have a decent longish term price tag. We're pretty committed to the strategy of bringing up young guys as a way of getting above market value performances. Got a lot of these kids off contract in the next 2 years. That was my first thought when they announced Wallace's retirement though tbf. No real reason to rush into that If you're not at least entertaining the thought.

Leota was one of the guys who stepped up more than expected and we definitely miss him. He's scheduled back in round 18. Feel like our bigger issue is the outside backs after last night though. Blake is a massive in and Whare having a really good game last night gives some hope.

Burgey

Matagi provides about the only decent go forward Parra has had all year and he hardly plays. Dunno if he’s injured, it’s too depressing to ponder.