• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Sudeep

International Captain
Jono said:
Man can Nalbandian vs. Baghdatis have any more drama? Nalbandian goes 2 sets to 0 up, then Baghdatis wins the next 2. Twice Nalbandian is a break up in the 5th but Baghdatis immediately breaks back. He then breaks Nalbandian again and is serving for the match at 6-4, 15-15 when the rain comes down. Amazing.

What a match.
5-4. :p

But, yeah, awesome match. Can't wait for it to re-start.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
YES!!!! He's Done It!! I thought he might lose it after that over-rule but he stuck to it and finished a brilliant comeback....

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Grrrrrr, we're getting a delayed telecast; accoring to my TV, there's still a rain delay.

Oh well, great to hear he won; was hoping it'd be him. Just wish we got it real-time!!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Been an amazing tournament for Baghdatis. Just amazing. Feel for Nalbandian though as he along with Safin is my favourite player and its annoying that he hasn't won a grand slam. He always seems to get into the quarters and semis before being knocked out. :( Baghdatis is a great character though and its just so much fun watching him play.

I'm bored at almost 1am here and so I'm watching the mixed doubles quarters with Martina Hingis. Bhupathi (awesome in mixed doubles) + Martina = great team.

Simon

disapointing to see Nalbandian lose, it would have been a great final between him and Federer, i cant say i like Baghdatis all that much, theres just something about him that annoys me...
he seems to have a big future, but hes knocked off one too many big name players in this tournament for my liking :p

Dydl

International Debutant
broncoman said:
i cant say i like Baghdatis all that much, theres just something about him that annoys me...
Like the fact that he's got too many loud fans and that whenever he wins a point, you can't hear the commentators over them? Oh wait, that might actually be a good thing...(depending on who is commentating.)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think Baghdatis is gone now. That overrule to give Federer the second set seems to have knocked the stuffing out of him. Now 4-0 Federer in the 3rd.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Dydl said:
Like the fact that he's got too many loud fans and that whenever he wins a point, you can't hear the commentators over them? Oh wait, that might actually be a good thing...(depending on who is commentating.)
Those commentators never stop talking

Simon

feds seems to have this wrapped up now, but baghdatis has shown too much in his last 3 matches to completely count him out yet....

BoyBrumby

Englishman
broncoman said:
feds seems to have this wrapped up now, but baghdatis has shown too much in his last 3 matches to completely count him out yet....
Be a truly magical effort from here. Looks to be cramping a bit & our Roger is looking absolutely imperious.

masterblaster

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
All over. Fair play to Baghdatis, Federer is just something else when he hits top gear tho. Can he win the French tho?
Lets hope Federer can win the French too. The clay surface isn't Federer's strong point, but he's a genius and im sure he'll be training hard in his preperations.

Baghdatis was a great challenger no doubt and his speech at the end was hilarious. Roger though is a class act and always will be. A great match, how I would've loved to have been at Rod Laver Arena tonight.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
masterblaster said:
Lets hope Federer can win the French too. The clay surface isn't Federer's strong point, but he's a genius and im sure he'll be training hard in his preperations.
yeah let's hope the guy wins a "roger slam"....i only hope some serious competition comes up soon in men's tennis, otherwise he might just get bored and quit....:)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Anil said:
yeah let's hope the guy wins a "roger slam"....i only hope some serious competition comes up soon in men's tennis, otherwise he might just get bored and quit....:)
Whilst Federer is a class above everyone else, he didn't win the first two grand slams last year, hell he didn't even make the final of the first two. He lost the Masters Cup final as well. He's not going to get bored at all, because at times he is still being challenged and there are still so many more feats and records he can achieve to place his name in history forever.

Simon

federer says his weakest surface is clay (obviously) but i dont think that makes much difference because hes probably still the 3rd best clay courter, just behind Nadal and Coria. imo hes a real chance of winning it this year, its still quite a while away but the guy is a freak, by the time hes retired i dont think there will be any doubt about him being the greatest of all time...