• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I think in most other eras, Murray would have at least 5 Slams to his name by now. I know it's just speculation, and that other eras have had great players, but I don't think it's unfair to say that Murray is a better player than Jim Courier.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
So happy Djokovic is finally winning all the slams. Is getting is due as a true great. I wonder if people will pull down his achievements a bit like they did with Sampras as they didn't have the rivalry like some others. To them, I say **** you.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah, I think in most other eras, Murray would have at least 5 Slams to his name by now. I know it's just speculation, and that other eras have had great players, but I don't think it's unfair to say that Murray is a better player than Jim Courier.
Oh yes, Murray>Courier for sure.

Niall

International Coach
This is ridiculously harsh. If Kyrgios or Raonic or even Wawrinka can make nearly as many Slam finals as Murray has, then maybe you can make an argument. He's by far the second best in the world and it's a tough ask to have had to play Federer and Djokovic in every single Slam final you've been in. There's a reason he beats the guys you mention on the regular.

This is about Djokovic being a complete legend more than anything else.

He hasn't the game or belief to beat Novak in five, Murray is a fine player but ultimately and I mean this in a nice way he is an inferior clone of Novak.

Stan showed the way to hurt Novak, is hit him off the court and paint the lines.

Murray can't do that.

I like Murray, but nobody will want to see this final again, after so many dull matches.

Thankfully with Stan, Kyrigos and Federer all ready to go, we may get a more interesting match to watch.

This was done once Novak went into gun mode in the second set.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haven't followed tennis for years, do people think he(Novak) can get to 17?
Well given how Murray can't beat him when it matters and he is so far ahead of the rest then it would almost be a surprise if Djokovic doesn't win the other two this year for a start.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not sure there is even the need for a debate on that. Murray incredibly unlucky to be around in the same era as Federer and Djokovic. Still he is and has to suck it up.
He's won two Slams and a Gold medal, with one of those Slams being Wimbledon and the Gold medal being at a London Olympics.

He has already achieved a **** load. Not everyone can be the greatest of their time, but he is just a magnificent athlete.

Last edited: