• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australian Open Seeds Announced

Men
1. Roger Federer (SWI)
2. Andy Roddick (USA)
3. Lleyton Hewitt (AUS)
4. Marat Safin (RUS)
5. Carlos Moya (SPA)
6. Guillermo Coria (ARG)
7. Tim Henman (GBR)
8. Andre Agassi (USA)
9. David Nalbandian (ARG)
10. Gaston Gaudio (ARG)
11. Joachim Johansson (SWE)
12. Guillermo Canas (ARG)
13. Tommy Robredo (SPA)
14. Sebastien Grosjean (FRA)
15. Mikhail Youzhny (RUS)
16. Tommy Haas (GER)
17. Andrei Pavel (ROM)
18. Nicolas Massu (CHI)
19. Vincent Spadea (USA)
20. Dominik Hrbaty (SVK)
21. Nicolas Kiefer (GER)
22. Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)
23. Fernando Gonzalez (CHI)
24. Feliciano Lopez (SPA)
25. Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG)
26. Nikolay Davydenko (RUS)
27. Paradorn Srichaphan (THA)
28. Mario Ancic (CRO)
29. Taylor Dent (USA)
30. Thomas Johansson (SWE)
31. Juan Carlos Ferrero (SPA)
32. Jurgen Melzer (AUT).

Women

1. Lindsay Davenport (USA)
2. Amelie Mauresmo (FRA)
3. Anastasia Myskina (RUS)
4. Maria Sharapova (RUS)
5. Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)
6. Elena Dementieva (RUS)
7. Serena Williams (USA)
8. Venus Williams (USA)
9. Vera Zvonareva (RUS)
10. Alicia Molik (AUS)
11. Nadia Petrova (RUS)
12. Patty Schnyder (SWI)
13. Karolina Sprem (CRO)
14. Francesca Schiavone (ITA)
15. Silvia Farina Elia (ITA)
16. Ai Sugiyama (JPN)
17. Fabiola Zuluaga (COL)
18. Elena Likhovtseva (RUS)
19. Nathalie Dechy (FRA)
20. Tatiana Golovin (FRA)
21. Amy Frazier (USA)
22. Magdalena Maleeva (BUL)
23. Jelena Jankovic (SEM)
24. Mary Pierce (FRA)
25. Lisa Raymond (USA)
26. Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)
27. Anna Smashnova (ISR)
28. Shinobu Asagoe (JPN)
29. Gisela Dulko (ARG)
30. Flavia Pennetta (ITA)
31. Jelena Kostanic (CRO)
32. Iveta Benesova (CZE).

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I am a HUGE Federer fan but gut instinct says it will be Safin who wins it this time. Have enjoyed the play of Safin too a lot in the latter part of 2004.

Simon

ill be waiting until after tomorrow mornings draw is done before making any tips, that way they can be reasonably realistic...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
broncoman said:
ill be waiting until after tomorrow mornings draw is done before making any tips, that way they can be reasonably realistic...
I think we can do a predictions game as well with one point for each correct result. There will be 254 matches and so good competition..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Buddhmaster said:
Ferrero has really slipped from 2 years ago.
He was awesome when he was good. Age is still on his side if I am not wrong and he should be back with a bang.. hopefully by French Open.. but I want Coria to win the French too .. doh its a long way away..

Simon

i dont think there would be enough people interested to make it worthwhile, however ill have a go and see how i go, i guess other people can join in too if they feel like it...

_Ed_

Buddhmaster said:
Ferrero has really slipped from 2 years ago.
He has. Lost in the first round in Auckland this week would you believe. So did Nadal though. And Coria didn't do much better...

Simon

_Ed_ said:
He has. Lost in the first round in Auckland this week would you believe. So did Nadal though. And Coria didn't do much better...
Nadal retired hurt actually, hrbaty is a better player at this stage and would have won that match anyway...
I wouldnt read much into that tournament, given all those guys are clay courters ad auckland is played on rebound ace...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
From what I've seen of Hewitt so far - I like! I think he is a huge chance of winning this year, the Australian Open centenary. He is hitting the ball harder than I have ever seen and he looks a lot fitter.

C'mon!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mister Wright said:
From what I've seen of Hewitt so far - I like! I think he is a huge chance of winning this year, the Australian Open centenary. He is hitting the ball harder than I have ever seen and he looks a lot fitter.

C'mon!
*enter Federer* ;)

As always, I'm looking forward to the Australian Open, and will be there watching some quality tennis. Secretly I still pray for a Goran Ivanisevic return. :happy:

My tip is a Safin vs. Federer rematch from last year. Safin has all the talent in the world, and I want him to stretch the champion, if not beat him. Although it's hard for me to cheer for anyone Federer comes up against (unless Goran returns :happy:).

V Reddy

International Debutant
broncoman said:
i dont think there would be enough people interested to make it worthwhile, however ill have a go and see how i go, i guess other people can join in too if they feel like it...
Hey i'm interested too. I think it would be better if we go by schedule of the day

V Reddy

International Debutant
Jono said:
*enter Federer* ;)

As always, I'm looking forward to the Australian Open, and will be there watching some quality tennis. Secretly I still pray for a Goran Ivanisevic return. :happy:

My tip is a Safin vs. Federer rematch from last year. Safin has all the talent in the world, and I want him to stretch the champion, if not beat him. Although it's hard for me to cheer for anyone Federer comes up against (unless Goran returns :happy:).
Hey Jono mate, you've gotta go out there and support Sania(Hyderabad ;) ) in the main draw mate. It's only the second Indian player ever i think to play in the main draw :) . Also if you are going tomorrow to watch the qualies then do watch Shikha Uberoi too. She is the cousin of Bollywood actor Vivek Uberoi and is very friendly towards her fans too.

V Reddy

International Debutant
S.Williams (7) vs Pin
Randriantefy vs Qualifer
WC-Mirza vs WC-Watson
Mandula vs Pennetta (30)

Wow Sania Mirza couldn't have expected a better draw for her :D . If she is song then she could win a couple of rounds :)