• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Sharapova doesn't bring much different to the tennis court in terms of play compared to the Williams sisters tbh. She is more power like the Williams sisters and unlike say Henin. Don't have a problem with either Sharapova or the Williams sisters but I don't see how if you despised Williams sisters in the finals, you can like the prospect of Sharapova in it.
I think he may be talking more in terms of physical appearance.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Incredible performance from Tsonga, i doubt he will play quite that well again for some time. Hopefully he will get close in the final. He will need to to be competitive.

irfan

State Captain
Tsonga :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O

Toyed the world's best claycourter like a rag doll. Some of the shots he came with were unbelievable. I reckon he has the game to beat Djokovic and push Federer.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Wow - how good is this Tsonga kid? I now have a new favourite tennis player. Hopefully he can sustain this style and level of play and tonight's effort isn't just a flash in the pan.
Confirmed by tonight's showing - love this bloke, seems remarkably cool about the whole thing as well - maybe what he said to Courier about it all still seeming like a dream has stopped him getting nervous. Hope he brings this style of tennis to the final, and is able to replicate his form from this tourney a bit better than other recent surprise finalists

I've never seen a top-drawer player like Nadal actually play well (as Nadal was when he got a chance to) and get dominated like that.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
He'll choke if he plays Federer. Every year some **** on a hot run of form makes the final here and gets thrashed by Federer. Granted, Gonzalez and Baghdatis didn't show the complete all round skill of Tsonga, but I can't see him taking more than 1 set off Fed.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He'll choke if he plays Federer. Every year some **** on a hot run of form makes the final here and gets thrashed by Federer. Granted, Gonzalez and Baghdatis didn't show the complete all round skill of Tsonga, but I can't see him taking more than 1 set off Fed.
Try 1 game. Will ger murdered.

Ready for this post to haunt me in 3 days time.

Johnners

To be fair to Baghdatis he did at least take a set off Federer in '05. Tsonga won't be playing Federer anyway, Novak ftw.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We all know how good Roger is, but its amazing to think that since he won his first grand slam (Wimbledon 01) he's only failed to make it to the semi's of any grand slam event twice. That's just ridiculous consistency...

howardj

International Coach
Tsonga will get crushed like a bug in the Final.

Why do we always end up with one no-name and one-sided contests, in the Australian Open final!

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Federer will step up for the big matches imo. I never expected Nadal to slip up, he barely struggled in all his games and to lose three sets to someone playing their 5th grand slam is just unbelievable.

Son Of Coco

Federer will step up for the big matches imo. I never expected Nadal to slip up, he barely struggled in all his games and to lose three sets to someone playing their 5th grand slam is just unbelievable.
Nadal didn't slip up, he got hammered by a guy who played fantastic tennis.