• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I remember him starting at West Ham, and thinking this guy will be a great, brilliant coming forward, technically great, just needs to sharpen up his defensive skills. Yeah that hasn't happened if anything he's regressed. Yet hey he's got Prem winner medals, many England caps, so the fact he can't defend shouldn't worry him I guess.
For a period he was great going forward and good at the back. Since last season though, a liability both ways.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Watching on Star, with Trevor Brooking commentating. The mis-pronounced names have already started. Just seen some good work from Samir Nasray, and Zecko.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So are the highlights misleading or did Southampton totally dominate that game?
I only watched the first half where they had a lot of the ball but few clearcut chances

Second half I was watching cricket. Match stats make it look even but SSN's brief glimpses make it seem that saints had the better chances

I fully expect Sturridge to continue his form from last season, and Sterling to get better but there's no doubt they need someone else to fill that Suarez gap as it stands

Eds

International Debutant
Let's be fair, during the second half Southampton were totally on top. Not surprising that we were so much poorer and less potent than usual when we essentially replaced Suarez with Lucas from last season's XI.

EDIT: On top until Tadic went off, really. They weren't so great after that.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't really get why anyone would have a dig at Shaw over this. It's not like he even played in the match.

King Pietersen

International Captain
A sensationalized news story. It wasn't that he turned up to United unfit, or fat, it's that he wasn't at the levels to play the position Van Gaal wanted him to play at 100%.