• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Surely Pulis has another job lined up? Cause this is madness.
He'll probably wait until around November before rescuing a club in the bottom five

He's never been relegated and by leaving now he leaves that record intact

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
So can someone explain something to me? I get that the European player of the year award isn't; just for Europeans, it's for everyone playing in Europe. But why does a World Cup that happened in Brazil go towards the award for best performers in Europe?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Beginning to wonder what's going to happen to Khedira. Seems like his time and Madrid is well and truly up, but there seems to be very little of any substance linking him with any Prem teams. Hope Arsenal re-stoke their interest, but doesn't look likely at this stage. The rumour mill has gone quiet on this one.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Right, so, with the new season imminent, seems apt to make some predictions.

I'll say the top four will be:

1) Chelsea
2) City
3) Arsenal
4) Utd

Relagated (though not necessarily in this order):

West Brom
Burnley
Palace

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Right, so, with the new season imminent, seems apt to make some predictions.

I'll say the top four will be:

1) Chelsea
2) City
3) Arsenal
4) Utd

Relagated (though not necessarily in this order):

West Brom
Burnley
Palace
Had to stick my tips in an envelope in work today, similar to yours actually

Chavs
Liverpool
City
Arse

Burnley
West Brom
Palace

Also the new season isn't imminent it's a week old

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Genuinely not sure how Southampton will go. The loss of their key players will hit them hard, but the fact that they've brought in quite a lot of decent players (particularly keen to see how Saphir Taider gets on) suggests to me that they'll probably do ok.

Not really sure why they've thought it wise to spend £12m on Shane Long though. Seems like an awful lot of money for a striker who's only managed 28 Premiership goals in 6 seasons, and only once managed to make it to double figures at any level in a single season. I know he's quite a handy player, but I don't really see what he's going to add to their team that Jay Rodriguez doesn't provide already (though I suppose there's still a chance that the latter will be sold any day now).

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Any of our vast Arsenal contingent seen any of Jon Toral? Bees just got him on loan for a season. Jota in from Celta Vigo as well, very excited about that one. Expect Forshaw to go in the next few days now though.

Pothas

My predictions then, I am going to be bold.

Arsenal
Man City
Chelsea
Man Utd

West Ham
West Brom
Burnley

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Nicklas Bendtner signs for Wolfsburg in Germany after leaving Arsenal | Football | theguardian.com

Rubbish as he was, and a complete idiot to boot, I am kind of sad to see him go.
His wages are performance based apparently. Wonder if it will finally get him to fulfil his talent.

Any of our vast Arsenal contingent seen any of Jon Toral? Bees just got him on loan for a season. Jota in from Celta Vigo as well, very excited about that one. Expect Forshaw to go in the next few days now though.
I haven't but he's meant to be one of our best academy boys. Probably only rated behind Zelalem and Bellerin from Arsenal's youth side last year. Barca boy so he's probably good.

Pothas

I haven't but he's meant to be one of our best academy boys. Probably only rated behind Zelalem and Bellerin from Arsenal's youth side last year. Barca boy so he's probably good.
Sounds good, hope he gets a proper run in the side, if we do lose Forshaw he could be very important.