• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2014

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Well done NSW, the better team won.

I think QLD need to bite the bullet and include Dave Taylor next match. Taylor and Thaiday in. Papalii and perhaps McQueen out (I liked the performance of Guerra and Teo).

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Also eating my words defending Beau Scott. He was atrocious tonight. Hodgkinson was invisible and though I really like Reynolds energy he didn't really offer much with the ball.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Scott was terribad in the first half especially. First two Qld line breaks came from his missed tackles, one led to a try.

Holy hell though, nsw defense in the second half was amazing.

And Hayne. Was a Brett Kenny like performance but from fullback. Sterling aside, I think he's the best payer Parra has ever had.

uvelocity

International Coach
**** yeah burgey haynsey was amazing. such a good decision to focus our game around him. fantastic game

dermo

International Vice-Captain
yeah let's not kid our selves we won that game by goal kicking and some Hayne brilliance.

can't be denied though Hayne is the best player in the world right now and Farah is the best 9 in the game atm

but don't forget QLD were on our line for most of the last half hour and Hayne was taking kicks out of dummy half, we were lucky to get away with that one though there was some brilliant defence, from Josh Morris especially.

Burgey

Ray Hadley saying NSW would have won by 30 if they'd sacked their assistant coach...

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah Scott was terribad in the first half especially. First two Qld line breaks came from his missed tackles, one led to a try.

Holy hell though, nsw defense in the second half was amazing.

And Hayne. Was a Brett Kenny like performance but from fullback. Sterling aside, I think he's the best payer Parra has ever had.
Parra have had some brilliant backs but even they would have struggled to dominate without good forwards to lay the platform

Ray Price was the man IMO

That guy was highly skilled with the ball, a tackling machine and a thug to boot

He dragged the Eels forwards around the park with a monstrous will to win and would be a superstar in any era

howardj

International Coach
Ray Hadley saying NSW would have won by 30 if they'd sacked their assistant coach...
The footage of Matt Parish enjoying the game...Bolts would have been spitting chips

Well done to NSW. Goal kicking and Hayne brilliance got them over the line

Bring on Game 2

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The footage of Matt Parish enjoying the game...Bolts would have been spitting chips

Well done to NSW. Goal kicking and Hayne brilliance got them over the line

Bring on Game 2
Defence won it for them

Qld would have won the game with goal kicking if they had taken a few of the number of opportunities on offer in the 2nd half but thought the Blue would crack - they didnt

Burgey

Parra have had some brilliant backs but even they would have struggled to dominate without good forwards to lay the platform

Ray Price was the man IMO

That guy was highly skilled with the ball, a tackling machine and a thug to boot

He dragged the Eels forwards around the park with a monstrous will to win and would be a superstar in any era
Yeah Pricey would put his head where no one else would stick their feet. Insane player. Peter Tunks has said Canterbury basically built their gun pack in the 80s with the express intention of trying to kill him.