• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Comp's been humming along nicely with them going trash over the last 15 years.
This is where Benchy's ban in most keenly felt. They'd be some comment about how AFL is kicking the NRL's arse or just #battlealreadywon type dealy.

In seriousness tho, Souths are one of the most iconic teams. Amongst UK league fans of a certain generation I'd guess the classic green and red hoops have arguably the strongest "brand recognition". With maybe Balmain or St George running them closest and, obvz, they both got merged. Although the Dragons still have the traditional red "V", pretty much.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah he has improved, rewarded with that new 3 year contract. The most improved player in the comp would have to be Jayson Bukuya. I didn't expect much of him at all this year, in fact I thought he would struggle to even get a bench spot. Corey Norman is up there too.
Just watching the Sharkies crush the Raiders here, and it strikes me that there are a fair few players in their team that have improved massively this year. You mentioned Bukuya, but Pomeroy, Best and Robson are all playing a long way above their reputation. To a lesser Graham and Carney have improved, though Carney always had it in him. Probably the best team to watch this year too IMO.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
This is where Benchy's ban in most keenly felt. They'd be some comment about how AFL is kicking the NRL's arse or just #battlealreadywon type dealy.
There's enough of that going on in other places. Having it here too is tiring.

From what I know about Richmond the comparison about a booming comp coinciding with the fall of a team who's success is good for said comp is an attribute both codes share.

uvelocity

International Coach
yeah sharkies smashed em, pomeroy was real good, and that kicking game goes without saying.

carn tigers!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Robson had a great year in 09 but his attack this year is at another level. His defense for a small bloke is amazing too.

Burgey

Beau knows **** all tbh....

Lol, from 31-0 is now 31-30. Marshall field goal before half time proving surprisingly important. Bizarre game.

Burgey

Talk to the Independent Commission ffs.

Apologies btw. I never think anyone would wait to watch delayed sport. Sorry mate.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Beau knows **** all tbh....

Lol, from 31-0 is now 31-30. Marshall field goal before half time proving surprisingly important. Bizarre game.
66 minutes in I was 100% certain you were trolling uv and Parra had actually been held to nil.

Bizzarre is right. Would have loved to see that one go to ET.

Burgey

No realistic finals chance now. Kearney should let them off the leash. Parra plays its best footy with lots of offloads and improvised play. They're getting beaten playing with structure, they may as well have a crack.

Pleasantly surprised at Maguire's game at half. Saw a bit if Sandow yesterday arvo at Wenty. He was all right but not dominant. Still don't think he deserved to be dropped tbh. If Kearney was an organisational half he shouldn't have bought him.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some pleasing signs from tonight's game. Boyd has returned to form. Buderus, Kidley & Jennings all going down with injuries.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just in case we all forgot, Travis Burns is really a bit rubbish.

Been some splendid attacking play from the Knights (along with some ordinary Panthers defence), shame Gidley's been a bit poo (imo) though (before getting injured, that is)

Last edited: