• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby Union Sim

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I hope the sim is not based on the number of cricsim posts you have - hopefully if it is post based we can use our CW post tally's.

How does it all work?

good work by the way of organising a match.

Can we have a CW haka - I heard Voltman wants to lead it.:ph34r:

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Abilities will have to be based on something, so I've selected the Cricsim team from people who are active, but have very low post ranks to even things up a bit. I can then base CricketWeb player abilities on the post count vs. the norm in this thread, plus any additional on Cricsim.

HeathDavisSpeed

Actually, I may be generous and add the post counts from the Rugby Union discussion thread too.

Post Counts from this thread

Hurricane 11
ripper868 5
Clapo 5
Goughy 4
weeman27bob 4
Howe_zat 3
cpr 3
Daemon 2
BoyBrumby 2
Voltman 2
Somerset 2
Quaggas 1
Majin 1
centurymaker 1
Mister Wright 1

HeathDavisSpeed

From RU Discussion Thread

BoyBrumby 450
Voltman 253
Somerset 246
ripper868 182
Hurricane 68
Clapo 55
Goughy 2
Howe_zat 1
Quaggas 1

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
That sounds more promising - how about the 2011 Super XV thread too

Somerset 161
ripper868 98
Hurricane 91
TT Boy 82
Athlai 40
Quaggas 38
BoyBrumby 35
HeathDavisSpeed 34
Samuel_Vimes 32
social 26
Burgey 16
James 11
Voltman 10
_Ed_ 10
howardj 4
Ausage 2
archie mac 2
Mike5181 2
Spark 2
Clapo 1
Tricia McMillan 1
NUFAN 1
Nnanden 1

HeathDavisSpeed

I don't want to get carried away with adding in threads left, right and centre as I have to update the counts every now and again. Adding in the RU Discussion thread to this thread should ensure that it's an even game.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Ought to have been posting in this thread, rather than just reading it then? Ah well.

Good work so far Heef.

HeathDavisSpeed

A few threads for you to look at (I know it's Cricsim, but just have a read if you're interested, and I'd appreciate any comments that guys have)

1. If you have any ideas to develop the sim - have a look here at the ideas already suggested

2. If you want to see how the sim was developed, have a look here

3. If you want to have a look at how a match plays out, then here's an example

As I've written the sim myself, if there are any suggested improvements that can be made, I'll be looking to incorporate them at some point.

Quaggas

State Captain
As I've written the sim myself, if there are any suggested improvements that can be made, I'll be looking to incorporate them at some point.
Well one or two things spring to mind. Obvz, add

WhoCares = False
If Team1==CricketWebXV | Team2==CricketWebXV Then
CricketWebXV.FinalScore = 100
Losers.FinalScore = 0
Exit.Sim
Else
WhoCares = True
Endif

:ph34r:

Kidding, Nice Sim

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
1. Quaggas
2. Voltman
3. Centurymaker
4. Daemon
5. Weeman
6. Hurricane
7. Howe_zat
8. Brumbers
9. Ripper
10. Clapo
11. cpr
12. Somerset
13. Majin
14. Goughy
15. Jojo Mustard
Classy looking team right there. ;) Will be intriguing to see how we go in a simulation.