• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some of the expected drones in the IWC now saying NXT is overrated. Whatever is rated is immediately overrated to some idiots
Yeah it's absurd. If you didn't enjoy the NXT Takeover specials you may as well stop watching wrestling and find some other entertainment.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Lucha Dragons need to **** off, Corbin and Dempsey need to move on - otherwise, this was a great show. I love that Sasha finally won the title because she is an all-round superstar on NXT. Great in the ring and so much personality. Balor and Neville was awesome as expected and man, that ending was intense.

andmark

International Captain
Lucha Dragons need to **** off, Corbin and Dempsey need to move on - otherwise, this was a great show. I love that Sasha finally won the title because she is an all-round superstar on NXT. Great in the ring and so much personality. Balor and Neville was awesome as expected and man, that ending was intense.
In fairness to Kalisto, it was a rare bad performance for him and he's unlucky to have Sin Cara as his tag team partner. Corbin has potential, but he needs to spend a lot of time in NXT (maybe off-air) before going up to the main roster. Sin Cara and Bull Dempsey on the other hand are next to useless. The most annoying thing was that Sin Cara didn't even look like he was trying which couldn't have uplifted the young Kalisto.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
In fairness to Kalisto, it was a rare bad performance for him and he's unlucky to have Sin Cara as his tag team partner. Corbin has potential, but he needs to spend a lot of time in NXT (maybe off-air) before going up to the main roster. Sin Cara and Bull Dempsey on the other hand are next to useless. The most annoying thing was that Sin Cara didn't even look like he was trying which couldn't have uplifted the young Kalisto.
I've been very unimpressed by Kalisto, compare him to a high flyer from the past like Taka Michinoku and it really is a no contest. Sin Cara V2 (Hunico) is much better than the old Sin Cara but still pretty bad. I like Corbin and Dempsey and think they both have big potential, just need to fight other people.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah tbf he probably would have been good had they used their cruiserweights properly

Not calling them light heavyweights would have been a start

andmark

International Captain
I've been very unimpressed by Kalisto, compare him to a high flyer from the past like Taka Michinoku and it really is a no contest. Sin Cara V2 (Hunico) is much better than the old Sin Cara but still pretty bad. I like Corbin and Dempsey and think they both have big potential, just need to fight other people.
I can't comment on Michinoku but I do like Kalisto with his cool move set. The main problem for him I feel is that he'll always be second fiddle to Adrian Neville. The Sin Cara gimmick should be locked in a treasure chest and buried in cement because it's been so awful and almost seemingly cursed. The original Sin Cara looks like a great wrestler judging by his Mexico stuff but became more botch-prone than Great Khali, and now Hunico has ****ed up with it as well. Get rid of Hunico and indeed the gimmick. Dempsey looked horrendous on Arrival, just so "green" (as it were) on a show with many great matches. He doesn't really have the presence of Corbin either and again will be out shined by Owens as a monster- heel. Corbin can actually get somewhere but he really could do with not being on TV for a while and returning when he's improved in the ring.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah tbf he probably would have been good had they used their cruiserweights properly

Not calling them light heavyweights would have been a start
I remember being overwhelmed by the significance of the occasion when he won the tournament to crown the first champion and there was Brisco, Garea and Patterson congratulating him in the ring and having photos with the Japanese press. It just seemed so important.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember being overwhelmed by the significance of the occasion when he won the tournament to crown the first champion and there was Brisco, Garea and Patterson congratulating him in the ring and having photos with the Japanese press. It just seemed so important.
Even that match he had on Raw against HHH.... he made me believe for a second that he'd win. :')

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting reading YouGov's data driven typical profiles of different interest groups. WWE's is a small sample but here it is compared to Rugby Union for UK fans of WWE.

WWE -- North of England, low disposable income, banks at the Haliax, watches American football, shops at Aldi, reads the Sun, enjoys heavy metal and video games, spends over 50 hours a week online, likes the Lord of the Rings movies and Jeremy Kyle, works in retail.

Rugby Union -- South and West of England, high disposable income, banks at NatWest, spends 6-10 hours online a week, shops at Waitrose, watches cricket and, perhaps surprisingly, Rugby League, reads the Telegraph and Private Eye, favourite film is Zulu and favourite TV shows are Dad's Army and Lewis, works in areas such as military or engineering.

As I said, I found it interesting though not unexpected.

Last edited:

andmark

International Captain
Interesting reading YouGov's data driven typical profiles of different interest groups. WWE's is a small sample but here it is compared to Rugby Union for UK fans of WWE.

WWE -- North of England, low disposable income, banks at the Haliax, watches American football, shops at Aldi, reads the Sun, enjoys heavy metal and video games, spends over 50 hours a week online, likes the Lord of the Rings movies and Jeremy Kyle, works in retail.

Rugby Union -- South and West of England, high disposable income, banks at NatWest, spends 6-10 hours online a week, shops at Waitrose, watches cricket and , perhaps surprisingly, Rugby League, reads the Telegraph and Private Eye, favourite film is Zulu and favourite TV shows are Dad's Army and Lewis, works in areas such as military or engineering.

As I said, I found it interesting though not unexpected.
****, I'm a northerner who likes Cricket, has a low income, and watches Dad's Army and read Private Eye. I don't fit either at all haha

Last edited: