• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Mike5181

International Captain
Btw, that 10th anniversary show by Stardom was great. Production value and in ring stuff felt very Wrestle Kingdom-esque. Basically everything except for the Rumble (which was a ****show lmao) was really good.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is there a reason we've moved past Paul Wight himself being the name? He's a "huge" signing, and he's "hall of fame level" because he's not actually in the WWE hall of fame.
Well that's the weird thing to me, I don't really see how any Hall of Famer-y signing can be a bigger signing than big show himself. christian seems the best shout...he's not a bigger name than Big Show. It's very strange to me

Athlai

Not Terrible
Well that's the weird thing to me, I don't really see how any Hall of Famer-y signing can be a bigger signing than big show himself. christian seems the best shout...he's not a bigger name than Big Show. It's very strange to me
Big Show definitely done a bit dirty but his star power was diminished by his own overuse too. Reckon he will be a pretty good announcer tho, has always had the voice for it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Big Show is someone who is instantly recognisable to anyone who knows anything about wrestling tbh. I just hope AEW don't fall into the trap of just hiring all the guys cut from WWE like TNA did.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Big Show is someone who is instantly recognisable to anyone who knows anything about wrestling tbh. I just hope AEW don't fall into the trap of just hiring all the guys cut from WWE like TNA did.
As long as they don't start throwing belts on them I reckon they've done it well. From the huge wwe clear out last year they only picked up Miro(Rusev) , Cardona (Ryder) did get a few matches but that was it.

I'm pretty sure most of them are in impact now lol

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I won't even mind them hiring some of these guys as they do draw eyeballs, as long as they find the best ways to utilize them. A lot of WWE's success was built on this formula.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The strategy seems to be get these recognisable guys in to attract eyeballs and then showcase your Kenny's etc.

The problem happens if you let these guys truly dominate the screen and not put over your future while you have your new viewers' attention.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's really not imo. He's a great guy and all, and will add value behind the scenes. But he wasn't a "big" name ten years ago, let alone now. Nothing wrong with him, but absolutely not deserving of the hype they've given this.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It's really not imo. He's a great guy and all, and will add value behind the scenes. But he wasn't a "big" name ten years ago, let alone now. Nothing wrong with him, but absolutely not deserving of the hype they've given this.
He is one of the few names that always gets mentioned in a positive light with the height of TNA, and even though WWE never used him well hes a multiple time world champion.

He isn't like HHH -Orton - Batista level but I don't think it'd be unfair to say he is as valuable as a Del Rio or Jeff Hardy would be if they weren't such ****ing burnouts and is 10x more valuable than they are as it stands.

Aritro

International Regular
Having seen no ECW at all back in the day, I winced and squirmed my way through this masterpiece for the first time last night. Brilliant, brutal, utterly breathtaking wrestling.

I don't know what Meltzer gave it, but I'm going to award it a no-brainer five stars and hope we don't see too many like it again because no one should have to do this sort of **** to their bodies for our entertainment.

Last edited: