• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha that's incredible. The disbelief of the fans is almost unprecedented.

Has there ever been anything as shocking in modern day pro wrestling? Maybe Hogan turning heel and joining nWo? All I can think of.
You making a post that wasn't complete **** would top it all but what you gonna do brother

Is it true that Punk has now retired

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I saw the story a few weeks ago, but hadn't seen this vid.

Like you say Srizza, sometimes wrestling can be cool.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha that's incredible. The disbelief of the fans is almost unprecedented.

Has there ever been anything as shocking in modern day pro wrestling? Maybe Hogan turning heel and joining nWo? All I can think of.
Overall shocking, but it was the sheer instant of it. It went from "he'll obviously kick out" to "OMG HE DIDN'T" in under a split second. I loved it so much because fans were so uninterested in the match, just waiting for Taker to win.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was talking to a colleague about wrestling today. We started off by discussing burials and came to the conclusion that Taker has buried the careers of just as many people as Triple H and Shawn did. For some reason doesn't get the same hate.

At least he's no Goldberg.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Really? Off the top of my head I can't really think of anyone he's buried (figuratively speaking anyway, heh)

I can recall him squashing jobbers and midcarders on TV shows fairly frequently, but that's nothing out of the ordinary for a top star. Honestly I can't recall a proper program he's worked with someone to the point where it's reached a PPV match that I'd say involved him burying anyone.

He's obvs beaten lots of guys, but of those how many could you say didn't benefit from the rub of working with him?

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Giant Gonzalez, perhaps? Definitely didn't go on to do anything of note after.

I can't really think of anyone Michaels truly buried, tbh. Well, other than Jannetty. Then in his second run it felt like he almost buried himself at times; always got the impression that he spent the last few years of his career putting people over. Apart from the Spirit Squad. He helped bury them. But **** the Spirit Squad.

Triple H was the worst at it. Booker T at WM XIX probably the standout example in my mind.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, in his second stint HBK put over pretty much everyone he worked with. And tbf to HHH though he is undoubtedly the one of the worst offenders in this regard, he has put over a lot of people when it's counted. The only guy I really recall suffering lasting damage from working with HHH is Kane, who was never really the same after the whole loss of the mask angle they did.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think Hogan, Nash and Hall in the WCW days are/were the absolute worst for this though. Off the top of my head anyway.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Probably the most gutted I've ever been for a scripted aspect of wrestling. I was furious.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Was Booker really over enough for a World Title reign at that point? I really can't remember much about the whole thing, but from what I do remember the whole feud was given about 4 weeks buildup, and Booker, who had been working on the midcard for the best part of two years was picked almost at random to have a match with HHH (I think he became number one contender via a 20 man battle royal or something) just to fill up the card. No wonder he lost imo.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Fair dos. I don't really remember much from that period, as I stopped watching between WM18 and WM20. I honestly never really thought of Booker being "the man" at any point during his WWE stint though. Except maybe when the whole invasion thing kicked off.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Was Booker really over enough for a World Title reign at that point? I really can't remember much about the whole thing, but from what I do remember the whole feud was given about 4 weeks buildup, and Booker, who had been working on the midcard for the best part of two years was picked almost at random to have a match with HHH (I think he became number one contender via a 20 man battle royal or something) just to fill up the card. No wonder he lost imo.
Yes.

And that is despite there being a segment where Triple H basically racially denigrated him and Booker did not retaliate and sat there and took it.

Booking like that only works if the face eventually wins...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fair dos. I don't really remember much from that period, as I stopped watching between WM18 and WM20. I honestly never really thought of Booker being "the man" at any point during his WWE stint though. Except maybe when the whole invasion thing kicked off.
Probably cos he was buried.