• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super 15 2011

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry been away, so I get 0 for the Highlanders-Brumbies match or Home Team?

Week Seven Fixtures:

(Highlanders vs Brumbies)

Waratahs vs Chiefs
Blues vs Cheetahs
Hurricanes vs Bulls
Force vs Rebels
Lions vs Reds
Sharks vs Stormers
You get the home sides for the matches you didn't tip in time, which means you get the Highlanders and Waratahs by default - the Tahs game finished about an hour after your post.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Turned on to Brumbies. It was half time, and one of the commentators was talking about how the Highlandersneeded to improve this and that and I thought beauty The Brumbies are winning.

Then they put the score up 15-7 to the Highlanders? No wonder I struggle to follow this game:laugh:
Rugby's a fun game at times, isn't it. :happy: Those comments came about since the Highlanders managed a couple of breakaway tries within about three minutes of each other, but the Brumbies had probably looked the better side for most of the half (I think they missed at least three penalties in the first half alone which would've put them ahead). Plus the referee had just warned the Highlanders that they were conceeding too many penalties and would be yellow carded if that continued, so those comments were fair despite the scoreline.

Either way, very pleasing to see the Highlanders take the victory, and I imagine particularly so for Southland fans with all three tries to Stags players.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks - I guess I'll have to take it :laugh:
Since both the home sides won I'd take it too, possibly a bit of a flaw in the system but thats the format I tend to use.

Streaky win for the Blues over the Cheetahs, just 7 points in it and had the Cheetahs been awarded an end-to-end first half try under the posts that was ruled back for a pull on Brett's jersey 80 metres down the field that would've been a great result for the Cheetahs.

archie mac

International Coach
Rugby's a fun game at times, isn't it. :happy: Those comments came about since the Highlanders managed a couple of breakaway tries within about three minutes of each other, but the Brumbies had probably looked the better side for most of the half (I think they missed at least three penalties in the first half alone which would've put them ahead). Plus the referee had just warned the Highlanders that they were conceeding too many penalties and would be yellow carded if that continued, so those comments were fair despite the scoreline.

Either way, very pleasing to see the Highlanders take the victory, and I imagine particularly so for Southland fans with all three tries to Stags players.
Oh that makes more sense:)

Not that I follow it very closely but the Brumbies (my team because I live in Canberra) have a lot to answer for. The players want the coach sacked and then do not deliver on the field. Should have their pay docked imo:@

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
First win for the Rebels on the road. I had a poor round, made the mistake of backing the Canes and Chiefs. Sharks season is going down the toilet. :(

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
First win for the Rebels on the road. I had a poor round, made the mistake of backing the Canes and Chiefs. Sharks season is going down the toilet. :(
I watched 3 minutes of highlights of the chiefs game - but it was enough to see the Chiefs front row being manhandled.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Week Seven Points:
Athlai 5
BoyBrumby 5
HeathDavisSpeed 5
Hurricane 5
Ripper868 5
Social 5
Somerset 5
TT Boy 5
Quaggas 4
Samuel_Vimes 4

Standings after Week Seven:
Somerset 33
TT Boy 33
Ripper868 32
BoyBrumby 31
HeathDavisSpeed 31
Samuel_Vimes 30
Social 30
Athlai 29
Hurricane 29
Quaggas 25

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Week Eight Fixtures:
Highlanders vs Cheetahs
Crusaders vs Bulls
Brumbies vs Hurricanes
Force vs Waratahs
Stormers vs Reds
Sharks vs Lions

Blues, Chiefs and Rebels all have byes.

ripper868

International Coach
Highlanders vs Cheetahs
Crusaders vs Bulls
Brumbies vs Hurricanes
Force vs Waratahs
Stormers vs Reds
Sharks vs Lions

@Vimes and Brumbles - :p

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Highlanders vs Cheetahs
Crusaders vs Bulls
Brumbies vs Hurricanes
Force vs Waratahs
Stormers vs Reds
Sharks vs Lions

Athlai

Not Terrible
Highlanders vs Cheetahs
Crusaders vs Bulls
Brumbies vs Hurricanes
Force vs Waratahs
Stormers vs Reds
Sharks vs Lions

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Highlanders vs Cheetahs
Crusaders vs Bulls
Brumbies vs Hurricanes
Force vs Waratahs
Stormers vs Reds
Sharks vs Lions

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Week Eight Fixtures:

Highlanders vs Cheetahs
Crusaders vs Bulls
Brumbies vs Hurricanes
Force vs Waratahs
Stormers vs Reds
Sharks vs Lions

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Blame the genius who gave Jacques-Louis '40 %' Potgieter a regular gig as kicker.
Not many options tbf with Pienaar, Kockott gone and Lambie injured. Though Meyer Bosman who is a decent kicker seems to be only getting an opportunity on an ad-hoc basis and it doesn't look good when Steffan Terblanche is favoured over you with the boot.

Should get back to winning ways this weekend and their run in isn't that bad.

Last edited:

Quaggas

State Captain
Highlanders vs Cheetahs
Crusaders vs Bulls
Brumbies vs Hurricanes
Force vs Waratahs
Stormers vs Reds
Sharks vs Lions