• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, and both missed out on signing him 6 weeks ago when he was playing in the Portugese 3rd division or whatever it was.

Vitória de Guimarães must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Michael Owen will be packing his bags then.
Hmm. Pre-season habits really suggest that he's still a big part of Fergie's plans. He probably won't stay properly fit for any reasonable period of time ever again though, so his career's over regardless of who United sign.

Pretty excited. Love when we sign new players out of nowhere.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I see Steve Coppell has resigned from Bristol City already - perhaps heading to Aston Villa?

****EDIT****

It seems like he's retiring.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Liverpool have signed Poulsen and are supposedly in for Hleb.

Schwarzer emailed Hughes a transfer request earlier this week but apparently he never received it, so he's due to fly into London and hand it to him in person.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Poulsen's a dirty hack. But now he's our dirty hack. :wub: We needed a Masch replacement, and he'll do nicely. Could mean Lucas starts on the bench aswell. [/pleasepleaseplease]

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Poulsen - Aquilani
Kuyt - Gerrard - Cole
Torres

Decent.
Aquilani and Torres will be crocked for majority. Aquilani more so than Torres.

And their replacement would be Lucas and N'gog which makes them considerably weaker.

Btw,did they sign a left back yet?

Jarquis

Much like Djourou is for us /Wenger

FMD, going into the season with 3 CBs, one of whom is almost always injured. And then Almunianski behind them.
Have found myself getting less excited for the season the closer we get to it. One or two signings would change all that though. If they don't happen then it'll just be a rinse&repeat of the last few years. Look the part half the time and be horrificly inadequate for the other half of the time. Finishing somewhere between 3-5 depending on the fortunes of other sides.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The fact that Vela has been given the no.11 shirt is a fairly strong indication that he will be given a lot of game time imo. Similarly, I imagine that will mean another season of emphasis on young home developed players, again. I very much doubt we will see any further new signings this summer, unless of course the Schwarzer deal goes through, which...I imagine there is a decent chance of actually.

Jarquis

I blame twitter for my complete grouchiness, with regards to the new season. Following all the sports journos and Arsenal bloggers, constantly hearing about prospective transfers, of which only Koscielny has come to fruition.
The whole Schwarzer saga is a nightmare, though "from what I'm hearing" (from Twitter, heh) we've "outmanouvered" Fulham. We walked away, refusing to meet their valuation, and since Schwarzer has forced through the deal himself for £3m, apparently could be announced as early as tomorrow. Activity at both London Colney and Craven Cottage atm supposedly.

Refuse to believe until it's on the club's home page. Is all a bull **** rumour and speculation. /pessimism