Page 4 of 415 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 6221

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2010-11

  1. #46
    Cricket Spectator Castrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Swindon
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fixtures tomorrow, time for a new thread

    Hoping for Sheff Wed away on the opening day and a home game to finish. The rest, meh, I'm just glad we have nobody who has ever performed with New Order anywhere near the dugout this season.
    If Swindon can keep hold of Charlie Austin, then automatic promotion awaits.
    I can see it now - last game of season, Swindon celebrate winning the championship at the god forsaken place Prenton park whilst sendin Tranmere down.

  2. #47
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    22,939
    Haha, that should provoke an interesting response...
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

  3. #48
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jason Koumas is having a party
    Posts
    48,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Castrol View Post
    If Swindon can keep hold of Charlie Austin, then automatic promotion awaits.
    I can see it now - last game of season, Swindon celebrate winning the championship at the god forsaken place Prenton park whilst sendin Tranmere down.
    Lucky for you that the game's in May so we won't be able to turn the floodlights off to prevent you getting a result. Not that anyone would ever do that of course.

    Cheating ****s.

    Oh, welcome to CW and see the 'Division Three Comp' thread if you're planning on sticking around.

    ****
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

    SWA

    RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

  4. #49
    Cricket Spectator Castrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Swindon
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Lucky for you that the game's in May so we won't be able to turn the floodlights off to prevent you getting a result. Not that anyone would ever do that of course.

    Cheating ****s.

    Oh, welcome to CW and see the 'Division Three Comp' thread if you're planning on sticking around.

    ****
    All a bit rich coming from a supporter of a team who dont know how many players are meant to be on a pitch at one time.


  5. #50
    cpr
    cpr is offline
    Cricketer Of The Year cpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    9,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Haha, that should provoke an interesting response...

    Already called him tbh. 2 posts.

    My money's on Sledger
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

  6. #51
    Cricket Spectator Castrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Swindon
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Already called him tbh. 2 posts.

    My money's on Sledger
    What?

  7. #52
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jason Koumas is having a party
    Posts
    48,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Castrol View Post
    All a bit rich coming from a supporter of a team who dont know how many players are meant to be on a pitch at one time.
    Hardly our fault if the officials don't know what they're doing. Worth mentioning that we were 1-0 up against a Premier League side in the 90th minute at the time, always overlooked. And why the referee didn't just have the free-kick retaken, you've got me.

    That's the same as pulling the plug to prevent defeat, of course.

  8. #53
    Cricket Spectator Castrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Swindon
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Hardly our fault if the officials don't know what they're doing. Worth mentioning that we were 1-0 up against a Premier League side in the 90th minute at the time, always overlooked. And why the referee didn't just have the free-kick retaken, you've got me.

    That's the same as pulling the plug to prevent defeat, of course.
    What can i say, a simple forgivable technical failure.
    Just a shame for you that we didnt have to do it this season hey?

  9. #54
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    22,939
    Tranmere's floodlights are pretty dodgy, although the incident I'm thinking of kept us up for another 24 hours which was handy.

  10. #55
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jason Koumas is having a party
    Posts
    48,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Castrol View Post
    What can i say, a simple forgivable technical failure.
    Just a shame for you that we didnt have to do it this season hey?
    All worked out okay tbh

    Mitchell, the incident you are thinking of was nothing to do with the actual floodlights but in fact some nutter who climbed up them

  11. #56
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    C A D E N C E
    Posts
    31,480
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Already called him tbh. 2 posts.

    My money's on Sledger
    Haha, sadly not.

  12. #57
    International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bitch please, I'm from West Yorkshire
    Posts
    14,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Castrol View Post
    All a bit rich coming from a supporter of a team who dont know how many players are meant to be on a pitch at one time.


    I know nothing about the aforementioned situation, but that's a cracking insult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

  13. #58
    Hall of Fame Member Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anyone But England
    Posts
    19,776
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post


    I know nothing about the aforementioned situation, but that's a cracking insult.
    Was it Tranmere who managed to sub a player who was about to be sent off? FA Cup tie, late 90s/early 00s?

  14. #59
    Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    26,839
    We seem to attract more than our fair share of League One fans for a cricket forum, don't we?

    I am personally grateful that our trip to Dagenham has been scheduled for August 14th so the lights can't go out at Victoria Road as they frequently did two seasons ago (not that we complained as we were getting battered at the time...)
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

    Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

    Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

  15. #60
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jason Koumas is having a party
    Posts
    48,114
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Was it Tranmere who managed to sub a player who was about to be sent off? FA Cup tie, late 90s/early 00s?
    January 8th 2000, it was the officials' fault, hence the FA gave the ref a three-match ban

    Was on the pitch for about a minute, all the idiot ref had to do was get them to retake the free-kick and all would have been fine

    Instead Peter ****ing Reid reckoned his Prem side deserved a replay after being outclassed by the ultimate underdogs...we beat Prem sides for fun that season, in fact we had a better record against Prem teams than those bastards in blue across the water that season. And we went to Wembley

    1999-2000 was the greatest season in the history of football

Page 4 of 415 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Last Man Standing: NRL 2009-2013
    By Mister Wright in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 1613
    Last Post: 27-07-2014, 11:19 PM
  2. Replies: 406
    Last Post: 25-05-2011, 01:27 AM
  3. The Colts Thread
    By new_age_ar in forum CW Development League
    Replies: 3673
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 12:59 AM
  4. Clubs Press Releases
    By Slats4ever in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 13-04-2004, 06:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •