• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

howardj

International Coach
Predictions on Boomer? Will he be suspended or be allowed to play prelim?
Well off the ball

Jumped in the air

Got him high

Drew blood

= Exonerated if you come from a Melbourne team

#interstatersgetdudded

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Goddard claims clubs going after players with the duty of care clause is unethical. Wonder if it was unethical for Essendope to go after Mark Thompson as a coach whilst he was still coaching Geelong?

Not to mention Bomber pretty much agreed to jump whilst simultaneously treating Ablett like **** for jumping to Gold Coast.

Flog city that club.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There seems to be an underdog-inspired desire to see a North-Port finale. In order that this can in fact take place, the AFL should immediately arrange for a 3rd Place Play Off between those two sides, to give the people what they want to see ahead of the inevitable GF between Sydney and Hawthorn.

howardj

International Coach
I will even cheer for the Hawks if they play the Swans

I don't want to see them benefit, by way of a premiership, from their recruiting of Franklin

I have no problem with them paying him $10 million, but for salary cap purposes it should be spread over a more realistic time frame for a 28 year old of five years rather than nine

Alternatively, they should be made to field him in the team for all nine years

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I will even cheer for the Hawks if they play the Swans

I don't want to see them benefit, by way of a premiership, from their recruiting of Franklin

I have no problem with them paying him $10 million, but for salary cap purposes it should be spread over a more realistic time frame for a 28 year old of five years rather than nine

Alternatively, they should be made to field him in the team for all nine years
What are you on about? Even if he retires they have to pay the rest of his contract out, AFL has already stated.

howardj

International Coach
What are you on about? Even if he retires they have to pay the rest of his contract out, AFL has already stated.
They spread that out over nine years. That's the point; the impact on the cap. The more years that's spread, the less the impact. What are you on about?

Redbacks

International Captain
They spread that out over nine years. That's the point; the impact on the cap. The more years that's spread, the less the impact. What are you on about?
Either way, paying him 1/6 of the salary cap in years 6-9 will weaken their squad if he doesn't give something close to today's output.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haha sack one of his favourites and get him to walk over his grave. Not likely.

Would laugh if Goodwin takes the gig at Melbourne too. Probably won't now though - it reeks of Goodwin getting the big offer from Melbourne, and the Crows making the quick move to get him in.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
All this talk coming from Whateley and G Cornes about the fact it was the senior players that did him in. Incredible.