• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Please, nrl came in their pants when they got 50k last Monday and were so surprised with the crowd they had to delay the start of the match to accommodate everyone.

On the same day Hawks vs Cats got 80k+ and started on time. And it wasn't a special non final game.
The NRL gets 80k plus crowds at Origin time. They're the biggest games they have. If AFL had rep footy they'd no doubt get the same, mind you.

Can't believe Freo atm. Couple of poor performances the past two weeks, but credit to North who were terrific.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Holy ****, our two losses this year have been awful performances and yet we are 4-2 with wins in Sydney and Perth...

Next week could be IN: Thompson, Wells, Swallow as well, although Spitta will probably be after the bye.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
After North's loss to Essendope in round 1, who would have thought North would be 4-2 and Essendope 2-4. Incredible.

Further proof that the whole AFL world can overreact too early in the season.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
not going to argue that afl gets bigger crowds than nrl but with the way the roosters v dragons game is now embraced i'd say within the next 5 years they'll be playing that game in front of 80k at homebush

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep, I think it was a complete sell out last I heard? Melbourne love their sport, carrying the NRL. 91k+ at Anzac Day and then Storm is huge sporting day for the city.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yep, I think it was a complete sell out last I heard? Melbourne love their sport, carrying the NRL. 91k+ at Anzac Day and then Storm is huge sporting day for the city.
Done well with the marketing of that day, get quite a few who head straight from the footy to AAMI Park.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My son is 8 and plays for a local under 9 team

At junior level (under 11?), you can no longer keep scores or have a winner/loser

This morning, his relatives (Brownlow Medalist, winners of 4 Magarey Medals) and coach (AFL Premiership winner) deferred to be different

Fortunately my wife/the niece/embarassed mum was there to restore order

Complete cluster-****

howardj

International Coach
What about my mighty Lions!!!

Saints have been massively overrated this year - the Giants, Demons, and then the Dons coming off a Perth 35 degrees trip

Lions, in the last two weeks, have fielded a team that's younger than the Suns and Giants...look at the free pass those teams get given

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Why do the Suns need a freepass? They are 4-2 having only lost to last seasons grand finalists and they beat Brisbane by 50 points. Very worried about them next week