• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The full list of club-by-club 2012 Brownlow votes is:
95 - Sydney
92 - Hawthorn
88 - Adelaide
85 - Collingwood
83 - Richmond, West Coast
79 - Geelong
76 - Carlton
75 - Fremantle
73 - St.Kilda
69 - North Melbourne
63 - Essendon
55 - Brisbane
43 - Gold Coast
40 - Port Adelaide, Western Bulldogs
27 - Melbourne
22 - Greater Western Sydney

Jesus Christ.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
AFL Lewis Jetta's Sprint And Goal V Collingwood Preliminary Final 2012 - YouTube

Watch the GF for this ya bum. Can't see how any person who loves sport wouldn't find that awesome.

But yeah Chelsea is awesome (y)
You led me to believe there would be Chelsea related viewing in link. For shame good sir.

I have a better video of her anyway.

I actually have a wedding to go to on Saturday so I wouldn't be watching it irrespective of my disposition towards the game.

I've mentioned in the past I don't mind some aspects of the sport. Followed the Swans in 05/06 (yeah I bandwagoned, those were good grand finals). I enjoy watching it when the game opens up and the players start using space but really can't stand watching it when play degenerates into that rucking contest for possession. I know a purist won't understand but to me it just looks really messy.

The real question is will you be watching the NRL GF on Sunday? Lover of good sport, game of national importance etc etc.

Just on Grand Finals more broadly they're often more cagey versions of regular seasons games, just with way more gravitas for followers of the sport. They're often not great games for the neutral.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No. How could you possibly judge the midfielders (which is what the Brownlow is basically for nowadays anyway) from the goals?

When the ball is on the other end the goal umpires just wave flags.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
No. How could you possibly judge the midfielders (which is what the Brownlow is basically for nowadays anyway) from the goals?

When the ball is on the other end the goal umpires just wave flags.
That's why I asked the question.

Allowing the goal umpires to vote might actually provide more of a cross section of votes. I don't get the whole quantity of possessions thing being a good thing.

Seems ludicrous that someone would get the 3 points when his side loses by over 100 too. I didn't watch the match or matches though *shock horror*

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Back in the middle of the 2000s I used to always say that the Brownlow is fun to watch and obviously prestigious but its still a midfielders medal and hence it used to piss me off when Riewoldt and Tredrea (when they were dominating) barely polled. Same with rucks - Cox should have at least come close in the last 7 years.

This year though all the top voters in the MVP award (which is voted by the players) and the Coaches award (which is voted by the coaches - duh) were midfielders. So if the players and coaches think Ablett, Watson, Beams and Cotchin are the best players for the year, then you can't fault the Brownlow for thinking along similar lines.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
You led me to believe there would be Chelsea related viewing in link. For shame good sir.

I have a better video of her anyway.

I actually have a wedding to go to on Saturday so I wouldn't be watching it irrespective of my disposition towards the game.

I've mentioned in the past I don't mind some aspects of the sport. Followed the Swans in 05/06 (yeah I bandwagoned, those were good grand finals). I enjoy watching it when the game opens up and the players start using space but really can't stand watching it when play degenerates into that rucking contest for possession. I know a purist won't understand but to me it just looks really messy.

The real question is will you be watching the NRL GF on Sunday? Lover of good sport, game of national importance etc etc.

Just on Grand Finals more broadly they're often more cagey versions of regular seasons games, just with way more gravitas for followers of the sport. They're often not great games for the neutral.
hmmm

uvelocity

International Coach
afl is only good to watch under the following circumstances: at the scg with at least half a tankful

haven't tried it anywhere else, but perhaps at the mcg with at least a half a tankful could work too.

hate to watch on tv

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not ashamed to admit I'm already nervous about tomorrow's game. FMD it's as big as it gets.