• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
As for Richo, make win a final before dishing out advice chummmmp!
Semi Final 2001 Richmond v Carlton - FinalSiren.com

:cool:

In all seriousness, Adelaide is going to be the worst minor premier in my lifetime of watching footy. That doesn't mean they're not a good side of course. But they're not the best or second best team. They're arguably not the third best, but that's debatable. I like Adelaide, really hope they do well this year, but that surely isn't a controversial statement.

howardj

International Coach
But can't you argue creating a culture where indiscipline is punished - see Geelong (Stevie J, Stokes) - is what results in premierships? Particularly since those players were not allowed to play, which is the thing that hurts them the most. Not the cash.

That being said, $100k would hurt anyone. There is no way anyone is being fined that much.
Getting back to this...I agree, the culture is important. And your point is well made.

But, each case on its merits...

The Pies already have an outstanding culture, it's not as though they are a young, developing group

Moreover, I agree with The Duck...some guys need a blow-out. It's almost inhumane to have such a big build up to games, and then have a blanket policy where there is no outlet, no wind-down. As Carey points out, Swan is a professional and knows how to get himself up for the weekend. Recovery should incorporate blow-outs.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's two separate matters.

Should they have ever had the no drinking pact? Perhaps not.

Once they had the pact though, if someone broke it, they had to be punished.

howardj

International Coach
That's two separate matters.

Should they have ever had the no drinking pact? Perhaps not.

Once they had the pact though, if someone broke it, they had to be punished.
True enough :cool:

Anyway, just to clarify, the days of the bender, I accept should be over.

But I think guys need to come down on the night after a game with a few gentle ones.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Collingwood rule allows for that, typically. The rule is you can't drink 6 days out for a game, so they can go on the piss the night of a game assuming they have a 7 day break, but Swan went out on a Sunday...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Did anyone watch On The Couch last night and see just before they cut to a break after the Chris Scott interview, Chris Scott go to spray Gerard Healy for getting his facts wrong regarding the bumping of Nick Riewoldt when he was injured back in 2005.

Healy said it was the Scott brothers, when in fact it was just Chris and Mal Michael.

At the end of the interview just before it cut off you can hear Chris say "You can apologise to Brad..." and he looked mighty unimpressed.

Was an awkward interview all round actually with Chris clearly unimpressed with Healy's reference about that incident whilst talking to Mike Sheehan and not Chris. Some of the faces Chris was pulling was hilarious.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
can i get some outsiders view on something pls:

what could we get if we trade bellchambers?

i obv have high expectations, but let's get some views from the great unwashed

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well what team needs a ruckman? I like what I have seen from him over the last year or two. Looks good. Reckon you could get something decent.

Don't you reckon you should try and trade Gumbleton first? You have an over-abundance of forwards (if you include Daniher) whereas surely Hille doesn't have much time left. Why not keep Ryder and Bellchambers?

Also sure'y you're going to trade Pears? Have plenty of tall timber down back as well.

Seriously why the **** have you recruited so tall, yet only got Zaharakis (and Heppell I guess) who have any future in the midfield at all. Balance it out ffs.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
It wouldn't be smart business, but...

Think you'd get early 2nd/late 1st round for Bellchambers. Don't reckon that you'll get rid of either of them though, with Hille at his age I think it all works well with him as your back-up.