• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is true though, given that injury is now taken into account in determining the length of the suspension/

Judd supposedly committed a monster act, yet his victim is out on the park the very next week.

I still cant get over the vitriol heaped on Judd, as though he committed a monster act. So monsterish that his victim is out there on the park this week.
Adams was injured from the incident though. How can anyone defend such a calculated act? It's not like it's a hanging offence, but he copped his right whack.

Aaron Joseph on the other hand played ok for someone with a fractured cheekbone though.

Spikey

I think we'll be fine, although the fact we're finding it so hard to replace zaka, a guy who only broke into the midfield around r 9 last year is worrying. but yeah the problems are in the midfield so hopefully the return of some players + fixing up some flaws, eg PLAY MYERS IN THE MIDFIELD will lead to a recovery. frankly, i've been pretty impressed with how our forward and back line have performed over the past 7 quarters, given the complete lack of help from the midfield.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Round Seventeen Tipping Update

Another wide spread of abilities this week. Between us, CW tippers managed to call every result correctly, with unanimity on Sydney's & Freo's wins.

Star performer was me with a muscular 8/9 and, unsurprisingly, Spikey does the worst.

No tips from Johnners or Norway so they share the special one's misfortunes.

Weekly

Brumby 8
Jono 7
morgie 7
altoz 7
HDS 7
Benchy 6
howard 6
skd 4
Spikey 3

Vimes 3
Johnners 3

Weekly extra to me to pull clear of the tie with the Bench.

The Oldham challenge continues to fade and his four means he slips out of the medals for the first time in donkey's. Tozz replaces him in second and Jono moves into a podium position.

Howard maintains his seven point advantage.

Overall

1) howard 113.10
2) altoz 106.07
3) Jono 105.06
4) skd 104.07
5) morgie 104.04
6) Brumby 103.04
7) Benchy 101.03
8) HDS 100.02
9) Vimes 91.05
10) Johnners 89.01
11) Spikey 83.04

Round Eighteen Fixtures

Essendon vs. Hawthorn (Docklands)
Geelong vs. Adelaide (Kardinia)
North Melbourne vs. Melbourne (Docklands)
Greater Western Sydney vs. Collingwood (Sydney Showground)
Gold Coast vs. Sydney (Carrara)
Carlton vs. Richmond (MCG)
Port Adelaide vs. Fremantle (Football Park)
St Kilda vs. Western Bulldogs (Docklands)
West Coast vs. Brisbane Lions (Subiaco)

Spikey

Trade one of your forwards for a midfielder hey.

but yeah I'm totally cool with trading a Pears or even Bellchambers to help improve the midfield. Gumby's impressive return certainly gives us a few more options

Fun fact: We'll probably look at recruiting Dean Putt at seasons end

Burgey

Barring injury, round 22 will be Jude Bolton's 300th game.

Will be Hawthorn at the SCG.

That will be a ****ing massive arvo.

benchmark00

I agree.

This isn't meant to be an attack on you SBI, but I can't see the dogs escaping the bottom 5/6 of the ladder. Just don't have the experience or quality in the key positions these days.
If Lake and Cooney stay fit I reckon they can escape. They won't, but if they did that gives them Lake, Cooney, Boyd, Cross, Griffen, Higgins, Picken Gia and Murphy in the experience stakes, and Smith, Dahlhaus, Picken, L. Jones, Wallis and Libba in the young-ish stakes. Obviously there's barely a tall in there, and the one that is while being an awesome mark can't kick for goal. But still there's probably enough class to steer them away from the bottom of the table. They'll be fine once they start playing almost-Essendon-player Tom Campbell tbh :ph34r:

I was actually thinking that WC and WB were a bit alike all through their game. WC's talls of course the difference.
Nah ****.

Spikey

them getting two top 10 picks to go with Libba and Wallis is worrying, btw.

also not playing tom campbell enough