• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Redbacks

International Captain
No idea how you can say it's harsh. Picked a bloke up, put him into a helpless position, Walker had the duty of care, then just dumped him hard on or near his head.
It's events like these that remind us how annoying crows fans can be. Talkback radio was littered with complaints of Victorian bias. To which everyone else is thinking **** off, it's a clear cut dangerous tackle.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It happens incredibly quickly though, and he landed on his shoulder. I just think three weeks is absolutely huge.
That's got nothing to do with whether the rule is confusing though. It just has to do with whether you believe the penalty is correct.

Its pretty clear that the minute you dump someone on their head with a sling or spear tackle, you are ****ed. Whether its accidental or intentional.

EDIT: He didn't land on his shoulder howard, he landed on his neck.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's funny this happened, cause I was thinking the other day that the whole slinging the head into the ground stuff that was allowed, and is now banned, is really just a natural extension of the spear tackle which has never been allowed (I seem to remember a port player, pickett maybe, getting 4-5 weeks for one in like 06 or something)

anyway, think 3 weeks is fine.

Spikey

also **** the mobile dt site. cost me 85 points cause i couldn't switch treloar to be my forward emg.

Spikey

nice to see the usual amount of essendon fans being stupid ****s about the clash jumper. we were probably the only professional team in a professional sport (and just to cover me, in a sport that actually has clash jumpers or alternate jumpers, so don't point out cycling!) that didn't have a clash jumper. we were told to have one. we were rightly told to have one. get over it.

Spikey

Wait... wtf?? When was Sam Rowe diagnosed with cancer? I didn't hear a thing about that. I knew him and played against him a couple of times back home. He wasn't a natural footballer growing up, was just a tall guy, but he's a great guy.
You must have been on the plane at the time

haven't watched my game yet, but it seems another 3 votes for jooooobe #lockhimin

seriously though, worried about swan

BoyBrumby

Englishman
nice to see the usual amount of essendon fans being stupid ****s about the clash jumper. we were probably the only professional team in a professional sport (and just to cover me, in a sport that actually has clash jumpers or alternate jumpers, so don't point out cycling!) that didn't have a clash jumper. we were told to have one. we were rightly told to have one. get over it.

Watson modelling the "gay gladiator" look there.

Seriously, given a third of the front & all the back of St K's kit is black, how has this not been an issue until now?

Spikey

Oh it's been an issue. We've just said "our club constitution says we must play in red and black" every time we've been told to come up with a clash kit. and we came up with one:

The AFL sorta let this slide but have correctly pointed out a bigger sash ain't good enough, and have threatened to fine us a $5000 (or something) for each player who wears the 'usual' strip this week.

I'm not totally sold on grey, but it's about time we grew up

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
****, injuries and tribunal suspensions yesterday now this today. In freefall.

Last edited:

Redbacks

International Captain
Also rumours involving strip clubs, rofl.
Was Martin's 21st apparently so it's no real surprise he had a big night out.

Connors enters the fray

@Danconnors19: Let's hope they have reported this one right! #somanyhaters

Spikey

Richmond player Daniel Connors and the Club have mutually agreed to part ways, while Dustin Martin has been suspended for two matches, after the pair missed training on Tuesday morning, as a result of taking sleeping medication the night before.
hmmmmmmmmm. happened to benny boy too....

BoyBrumby

Englishman
:laugh:

That's priceless. I think they've invented a new euphemism too: "Sorry about the state of me today, boss. I had a few pints of the old sleeping medication last night".

Spikey

It's actually pretty terrible timing 'cause there's been a fair bit of fuss about sleeping pills in australian sport recently