• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Kinda feel bad for Voss.
The more I think about it though, the more I think it was worth a shot to take on some experienced players even though it appears now to have failed. Brisbane have a lot of young guys at the moment who are coming along quicker than expected, and while they've still got Black, Brown and Power they could potentially have been a very good team this year if they clicked. Even now with the benefit of hindsight, knowing that the punt has failed for this year at least, I don't think the Lions are in a terrible position if they move on some of those guys that they picked up and start again in the next draft.

On another note, it's great to see Cornelius getting some games this year - he's a footballer's footballer. Was very impressed with him in the U18 carnival in 2008 and was surprised he went as low as he did (not that I'm an expert on the draft). Doesn't have blistering pace or a super leap but he has ell the traditional traits as well as superb awareness. Will be a gun imo.

pasag

RTDAS
Yarran was incredible tonight. A lot of people made fun of the fact we took him and not Rich but it turned out to be a genius decision in terms of what we needed and even though he had an ordinary first season he's really turned that around this year.

pasag

RTDAS
The more I think about it though, the more I think it was worth a shot to take on some experienced players even though it appears now to have failed. Brisbane have a lot of young guys at the moment who are coming along quicker than expected, and while they've still got Black, Brown and Power they could potentially have been a very good team this year if they clicked. Even now with the benefit of hindsight, knowing that the punt has failed for this year at least, I don't think the Lions are in a terrible position if they move on some of those guys that they picked up and start again in the next draft.
Yeah, have respect for his initiative and audacity. Hopefully this doesn't force him into a shell.

The Fev deal is looking better for us by the week, Henderson and Lucas have so much potential. Thank god we didn't take Rischitelli and Bradshaw.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Be interesting though, to see what Voss does next year. Think that if they stay fit, their side could still push for 3rd - 6th next year.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nothing wrong with the recruiting for mine. Yeah Xavier Clarke and Goose have had injury concerns for a long time now, but well worth the gamble - Goose in particular, who had been going well until his latest injury.

Their team has a pretty good mix of old and new. They're a top eight team who have had a few key injuries. The people who are pot shotting Voss would have a point if their recruits have been the ones who have been playing bad, but they've simply been out injured. With a bit of luck they'll be a good team next year.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Always was a fan of his recruiting. I admit I jumped the gun after round 3 where I said it was looking to prove a success, but **** Voss can't know that half his team would be injured.

If the Bulldogs had the Lions' injuries they may not be in the 8. Same for Collingwood and Freo.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Always was a fan of his recruiting. I admit I jumped the gun after round 3 where I said it was looking to prove a success, but **** Voss can't know that half his team would be injured.

If the Bulldogs had the Lions' injuries they may not be in the 8. Same for Collingwood and Freo.
I was always more skeptical than most after trade week last year that Brisbane were going to be a big player this year, but that was more because I thought they would struggle to click. I suppose to an extent I've been right, but as you say, it's largely due to injuries which nobody could really have predicted. Injuries are a funny thing though, sometimes you get back players and find out that the word was nothing more than an excuse for a team that just isn't very good.

In other news, pretty excited for tonight's match - should be a good contest, and I've finally invested in a portable radio so I don't have to listen to all the ****s around me with the usual stop handpassing it, stop kicking backwards, BALL!, get out of it umpire etc...

Well, it'll drown it out... a bit... sort of...

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I have to say, for a bloke I've enjoyed deriding all this year, Thomas Murphy had a very good game tonight. He kept Hall's influence to a minimum and was unusually decisive and crisp with his disposal.

Stratton looks a good player too.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Mitch Hahn can **** off hey. Game has gone past him.

Absolutely ****ing ropable with tonight. Had enough of these ****ing honourable losses when we carry the same useless flogs each week. Wouldn't mind Shaun Higgins turning up and actually giving a **** for once.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Didn't watch the match. Sounded like a good contest.

Those are the games the Doggies should win if they're for real though.