• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Meh, we've won a lot of games of footy in that time and been in the finals regularly. Obviously we haven't won a flag, and it would be lovely to be able to say that we had, but I find it hard to be too disappointed about having a decent team that has generally put in 100% out on the park and won a lot more than it lost over the past decade.

Plus we've been financially successful and not had to compromise on stuff like our jumper, selling games interstate etc.
Would rather wear a clash jumper and be dirt poor and win a flag than be rich as **** but not successful.

Played in the most finals matches in the last 20 years itbt. Fair effort for a club who isn't swimming in moolah.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Meh, we've won a lot of games of footy in that time and been in the finals regularly. Obviously we haven't won a flag, and it would be lovely to be able to say that we had, but I find it hard to be too disappointed about having a decent team that has generally put in 100% out on the park and won a lot more than it lost over the past decade.

Plus we've been financially successful and not had to compromise on stuff like our jumper, selling games interstate etc.
could have just posted the bolded tbh:ph34r:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Would rather wear a clash jumper and be dirt poor and win a flag than be rich as **** but not successful.

Played in the most finals matches in the last 20 years itbt. Fair effort for a club who isn't swimming in moolah.
Yeah, well done on conniing Sydney out of Carey. ;)

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Richmond have one win left in the bank to get a priority pick.

Since we don't play Essendon, would love it to be against either North or Collingwood. Will rub it in both you bastards' faces forever.
So you don't think this form is Richmond making a late run for ninth?

Personally I think it's been too long since this has made an appearance.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Can't remember who it was you used to have a picture of the platform 9 sign from Richmond train station as their avatar. Google letting me down to find it online as well. :@

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How about you all lay off Richo and Richmond.

Lowest form of mankind you blokes.

*shakes fist*

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Fair enough. Let's talk about J.O.N. instead. : ph34r:
Starting to play a few good games in the WAFL tbh, and with the number of blokes the Eagles have on the LTI he'd be a smoky to get elevated for a run late in the season. Salary cap is probably the most likely thing to stop any more rookies getting a go there though.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I really can't believe Collingwood fans are actually proud of being too petty and self-important to wear a ****ing clash jumper for away games.

Apparently it's fine for the New York Yankees and Manchester United as well as every other club in the league, but you guys are just way too special to wear something a bit different so ****s can tell the teams apart.

Should be a source of shame tbh.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really can't believe Collingwood fans are actually proud of being too petty and self-important to wear a ****ing clash jumper for away games.

Apparently it's fine for the New York Yankees and Manchester United as well as every other club in the league, but you guys are just way too special to wear something a bit different so ****s can tell the teams apart.

awta.

Matt79

Global Moderator

yeah, but who gives a **** what you think?

AFL_Fan

Cricket Spectator
Geelong should win tonight.

I do some causal writing for this website, thought some might be interested.

Top 7 ‘Surprise Packets’ of Season so far....

Half the season has gone and haven’t we had some surprise packets? I’ve chosen not to include 2009 draftees in the list but selected a list of players who have burst onto the scene this season and have surprised the footballing public. Here is my list.

Top 7 ?Surprise Packets? of the AFL Season so far
With the demonstrated popularity of my article on the Top 7 Surprise packets in the AFL, published online on Saturday June 19, I was caused to ponder what list I should come up with next. I have decided to name some of the top moments of the AFL season 2010 thus far. There is no particular order. As always with these sorts of things, you can’t always fit everything in. Hope you enjoy reading it and please feel free to comment.

Moments to Remember from the AFL season so far
Feel free to let me know what you think and if I missed anyone/anything.

Looks a good forum :)

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
The list looks pretty much spot on, but I find it odd that you say you haven't included 2009 draftees when Barlow and jPod are there.