• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
benchmark00,

the deal with ben ross?

we've got his bro - who has had a decent little first season - so obviously our fans.

benchmark00

Had injury problems. Played really well in the VFL this year but suffered from the problem that we have too many similar, but better, players on our list.

Spikey

he would have taken a swans loss if it meant goodes having a shocker ftr

and to think he's gonna have to put up with a week full of 'whomg 300 games'

Spikey

As I've said they've def. gotta get rid of one of Clark or Leuenberger at seasons end - and hope GWS aren't the ones who take him - but do they try to get early picks or players in return?
Looks like Freo are taking Clark. **** knows why they want him as he ain't a forward. No idea about trades though. Palmer compo pick at the least?

Redbacks

International Captain
End of an era for the Saints?

Lenny will be back next season but maybe they are just sliding down the hill back to their usual home as a social club.

benchmark00

They couldn't possibly have a worse off season than they had... You'd expect Riewoldt to have a better year next year, maybe Gilbert will return to the days where he wasn't a spastic and Lenny getting back is so so so big.

Gardiner and Baker retired.. couple of other fringe players gone, not big losses.

But yeah, older players another one year older doesn't help. They won't be that far down next year, but I think their days as a real contender are over imo.

Spikey

They would have to kill it in trade week. Including trading some of the big guns. And I don't see it happening. We keep on hearing about pick 5 and Jaeger O'Meara for Goddard but even then, O'Meara's no use, and they'll blow top 5 knowing their drafting. Leigh Montagna would be someone I'd think about trading.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Never heard a coach or a player say a single bad thing about Raph Clarke, must mean he's a gun
Now you're deliberately being a dick. Goodes is praised by all and sundry, Clarke isn't mentioned by coaches or players.

Look, if you're not going to rate Goodes, fine. But don't try and pass off that its only the umpires and "uneducated fans" like Spikey and myself that think Adam Goodes is any good, because that's absolute rubbish and you very well know it. Coaches speak incredibly highly of him, as do journalists and player. There's a reason he is tagged, there's a reason opposition put heaps of time trying to shut him down and find the right matchup. And there's a reason Roos praises him every time whenever he's being interviewed or on a show.

benchmark00

Now you're deliberately being a dick. Goodes is praised by all and sundry, Clarke isn't mentioned by coaches or players.

Look, if you're not going to rate Goodes, fine. But don't try and pass off that its only the umpires and "uneducated fans" like Spikey and myself that think Adam Goodes is any good, because that's absolute rubbish and you very well know it. Coaches speak incredibly highly of him, as do journalists and player. There's a reason he is tagged, there's a reason opposition put heaps of time trying to shut him down and find the right matchup. And there's a reason Roos praises him every time whenever he's being interviewed or on a show.
How many Sydney games do you actually watch? Goodes is hardly ever tagged! I'd say in the course of a 22 game season, he'll be genuinely tagged about 6 times!

And lolol at the Roos comment.

Former coach in praising his former player shocker!

If you can't hack me commenting on his play style, stop trying to bait me or I'll call you on it every single time.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How did I not hack you commenting on his playing style? I called you out on talking bull****, i.e. that very few people other than umpires rate him.

Rubbish.

And he has been tagged heaps this year. Problem is he ****s up the tag when he goes forward obviously. Deliberately did it last week going forward to **** over Raines. Went midfield to **** over Fisher few weeks ago etc.

benchmark00

I've watched at least 19/20 Sydney games this year, and I can say he wouldn't have been genuinely tagged more than half a dozen times.