• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair play to Jono; beats Dr Dream Team even with the doughnut from Mitchell.

Most tedious final round ever next week then? Minor Prem, top 4 & top 8 all decided.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Made it to the Supercoach final by 13 points.

This proves that Cricsim AFL knowledge sucks; given how far adrift I am in tips etc.

I'd like to dedicate my inevitable loss in the Final to Bencheh. :wub:

Redbacks

International Captain
Wouldn't be surprised if the Saints beat Carlton this week. The Blues have not a heap to play for and St. Kilda would be almost certain to lose away to the Swans but a great shot at home. That might be enough to give them a little edge this week.

howardj

International Coach
Fair theory. I think, by the same token, Carlton will be keen to bounce back after a somewhat disappointing display against the Hawks; disappointing in the sense that when the game was up for grabs (first half) they got smashed.

howardj

International Coach
Round 23 tipping update _

Consistent results across the board this week, with Richmond and Sydney scuttling any hopes of a full-house.

Brumby, Vimes, Benchy, Morgieb, and Heath shared the honours with six winners.

By contrast, Jono’s crazy-brave effort ended in tears with just four winners.

Weekly

Brumby 6
Vimes 6
Benchy 6
Morgieb 6
Heath 6
Alternative 5
Howardj 5
Cameel 5
Jono 4
Clapo 4
Superkingdave 4*
SBI 4*

*denotes non-submit

With just one week to go, Jono’s poor week has thinned out the battle for supremacy to a two-horse race, with Brumby just one point behind Howardj.

Other late movers include Vimes who is now within touching distance of third, while Morgieb and Benchy both now have their sights on a top-five placing.

Overall

howardj 138
Brumby 137
Jono 132
Vimes 131
cameel 129
Alternative 129
SBI 128
dav 128
morgieb 128
benchmark 127
Clapo 123
HDS 114

check your tips, apologies in advance etc...

With 10 of us in contention for a top five placing, be sure to get your tips in for this final week!

howardj

International Coach
Note to Brumby – I am happy to put my tips in before you this week, so as to avoid the temptation of copying yours and sealing up 1st place.

I tip on Friday morning, 9:00am or thereabouts Australian time.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wouldn't be surprised if the Saints beat Carlton this week. The Blues have not a heap to play for and St. Kilda would be almost certain to lose away to the Swans but a great shot at home. That might be enough to give them a little edge this week.
Wouldn't be surprised if the Saints beat Carlton this week because the Saints are a good team, depending on injures etc.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
i dunno know - carlton 2009 and 2010 were pretty useless outside of judd
Nah they played entertaining and competitive games in 09 and 10 vs. Brisbane and Sydney respectively.

Essendon went to Adelaide without a ruckman and served up the worst final I have seen in many a year.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah they played entertaining and competitive games in 09 and 10 vs. Brisbane and Sydney respectively.

Essendon went to Adelaide without a ruckman and served up the worst final I have seen in many a year.
(insert richmond finals joke)

howardj

International Coach
Week 1 of Finals

1st Qualifying Final - Friday 9 September
Geelong v Hawthorn

2nd Qualifying Final - Saturday 10 September
Collingwood v West Coast

1st Elimination Final - Saturday Night 10 September
Sydney v St Kilda

2nd Elimination Final - Sunday 11 September
Carlton v Essendon

All matches at the MCG, except Swans v Saints which will be played at Etihad or SCG/Olympic Stadium

Delicious those games.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Round Twenty-Four Fixtures

Collingwood vs. Geelong (MCG)
Gold Coast vs. Hawthorn (Carrara)
Western Bulldogs vs. Fremantle (Docklands)
Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions (SCG)
West Coast vs. Adelaide (Subiaco Oval)
Carlton vs. St Kilda (MCG)
Port Adelaide vs. Melbourne (Adelaide Oval)
Richmond vs. North Melbourne (Docklands)