• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Matt79

Global Moderator
God, we tried hard to through away a 48 point lead there. Happy to get the 4 points, but a bit of a hollow feeling to be pants-ed so comprehensively in the final quarter and just scrape it in after dominating. Feel for SBI and the other doggies fans - this year not turning out the way it was meant to. Shame for the dogs that Hall's arrival and Johnson's departure have pretty much exactly coincided.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Anyone have any idea how many people play dream team?
I don't play it - I'm one of these luddites who's really only interested in how my team goes around and finds the discussion of it slowly pervading general footy talk somewhat annoying.

pasag

RTDAS
I don't play it - I'm one of these luddites who's really only interested in how my team goes around and finds the discussion of it slowly pervading general footy talk somewhat annoying.
Agreed, but trying to incorporate into my thesis anyways.

680,000 dream team and supercoach teams combined according to one link this year. Pretty impressive.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
****ing Scott Mclaren is such a ****...

Needs to be permantly dropped this time...

Last edited by a moderator:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Agreed, but trying to incorporate into my thesis anyways.

680,000 dream team and supercoach teams combined according to one link this year. Pretty impressive.
Dunno about Supercoach, but Dream Team has exactly 307,752 players as of now.

I'm currently 186,330th ftr. Team's got up this week tho. :cool:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Oh, I don't know. There's a certain vein of unintentional humour running through his posts as well, and anticipating his reaction adds an extra layer of amusement when the Bombers lose.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yes I watched the game.

Yes the umpires were poor, and most of those poor decisions hurt Essendon.

But every time I see your post its a one-eyed Essendon post. This isn't Big Footy.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Please don't avoid the filter mike.

Shocking from the Lions last night, huge fight to make the 8 from here on in.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Was checking the score on my phone in between ski runs yesterday...thought we'd got overrun again, some good work from Cunners towards the end it seems.

Looking good for when our midfield can run for more than half. O'Keefe back in for Hatstand next week

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Updated sheet attached for anyone who cares.

I've rejigged my formula for total points, even though there wasn't much wrong with it, to also weight the respective performance of each team over the last five weeks. I figure that the longer the season goes on the less relevant St Kilda's struggles from around eight weeks ago become etc..

Disposal efficiency against is now included too.

Interesting to note that at the halfway point of the season, Brisbane are third in the league for inside 50s, yet 9th for marks inside 50, 9th on the ratio of marks to inside 50s, and 10th for converting inside 50s to goals. Very strange numbers for a forward line that has Fev and Brown, when the numbers suggest that the midfield supply isn't to blame.

Still working on adding some more formulae in there there are a few things not working.

Attachments