• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
jono will be devo that he's gonna miss out on all the essendon fans whinging about umps....for me the only terrible one was the pears one. shame too. won't get to see hurley keep jack goal-less now

As for us, well we've done everything we did in the losing streak and done nothing of what we did last week.

oh and hands up if you put ablett captain

hand stays down.

oh yeah

Spikey

that was classic houli.

terrible game innit? We've kicked more than 50% of our goals because of their errors and they've kicked more than 50% of their goals because of our errors....and really it's probably greater than 75% each way

Redbacks

International Captain
How do people rate the Swans this season? It seems they have beaten everyone they were expected to beat, but are 2-5 against top 8 teams. Those 5 losses being the last 5 encounters. Solid team but will probably be lucky to win more than one final is my guess.

Big day for the Saints and Dogs. A loss for either and it's not looking good. If the dogs get up against the blues it could be a huge confidence boost for the remainder of the season and push them towards the 8.

Spikey

Typical Carlton

How do people rate the Swans this season? It seems they have beaten everyone they were expected to beat, but are 2-5 against top 8 teams. Those 5 losses being the last 5 encounters. Solid team but will probably be lucky to win more than one final is my guess.
Much like I do Carlton - useless against good teams in-form.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Round sixteen tipping update

Another pretty decent shift from CW. Of the 11 who submitted only Clapo fails to get at least a 50% pass mark for the week.

Star man is unquestionably SBI, who takes out a 7/7 full house. Creditable sixes for cameeel, Vimes & dav too; the latter pair's efforts were despite rather hamstringing themselves by missing the opening game of the round & tipping Port respectively.

Unanimous accord that Sydney & the Magpies would emerge triumph and only Clapo and dav didn't think that Hawthorn and St Kilda were the smart tips in their respective games.

No tips from Heef again, so he gets Clapo's 3.

Weekly

SBI 7
Vimes 6
SKD 6
cameeel 6
Brumby 5
howardj 5
morgie 5
altoz 5
Jono 4
Benchy 4
Clapo 3

HDS 3

Getting very close in the overall standings. I'm just doing enough to maintain an outright lead, but only 4 tips cover the first 8. Vimes's & dav's half dozens moves them up to a share of silver & outright fourth respectively, whilst Jono falls back to a share of fifth.

Overall

1) Brumby 93
=2) howardj 92
=2) Vimes 92
4) SKD 91
=5) Jono 90
=5) morgie 90
=5) cameeel 90
8) SBI 89
9) Clapo 86
10) altoz 85
11) Benchy 82
12) HDS 79

Round 17 Fixtures:

Adelaide vs. Essendon (Football Park)
Richmond vs. Gold Coast (Cazaly's)
Carlton vs. Collingwood (MCG)
St Kilda vs. West Coast (Docklands)
Melbourne vs. Port Adelaide (Marrara)
Sydney vs. Fremantle (SCG)
Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong (The Gabba)
North Melbourne vs. Western Bulldogs (Docklands)

Spikey

Yeah went from 19,203 to 12,988. He may be a Collingwood player but I'd do Swaneh.

Since R12 I've been going up about 4K a round....like to think I've been in stunning touch but really plenty of people have hit the wall. I'm just left wondering what could have been if I hadn't had to do trades like getting Zac Smith in :( If Ablett is a 4 week + I'll really be in line for 10,000 because I figure many of the top 20,000 have him (and got brunt this week).

Anyone else find the Hawks having the bye is tougher than the muti-bye last week?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, I only have Mitchell, Franklin and Puopolo so its not too bad a week for me after copping a forward donut this week. Barely moved so still hovering around the 1900 mark.

Spikey

Give any team their best midfielder and best forward back.....

they're making the finals if those two stay fit. You're better off asking dogs fans how their played but I was really impressed with Williams & Wood.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Anyone else find the Hawks having the bye is tougher than the muti-bye last week?
Ha, yep. I'm buggered. Shiels, Mitchell, Savage & Franklin. Three 100+ average players & Savage must be up there over the last half dozen rounds too.

Luckily I've got a relatively easy game in the Clubshub Trophy.