• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Anyone watched Saints/Geelong?

If so, is Bartel broken? Scored me a grand total of 2 in DT so far so assuming he must be. :cry:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Amazing tackling! We were done on 3 occasions and got it back.

I love Big Vick. May win us the match.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ladies, if you come here to talk about the Saints/Cats game can you put it in spoiler tags. Keen to watch it after the Richmond/Brisbane game.
When I saw someone other than Jono had the last post in this thread I scrolled down slowly and saw the start of Brumby's post saying something about anyone watching the Saints game.

Can we please do the above?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dustin Martin 5 goals!

Should have kicked 6, took it way too easy on the goal after the siren :laugh: We need as much % as we can get Dustin!

That game turned on Chris Newman tackling Jonathan Brown and then Nahas running down Simon Black. ****ing inspirational stuff.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just saw the Franklin hit which has got him reported.

Surely he's gone for 1-2 weeks?

Pretty important games if he misses that. Essendon in round 14 and Collingwood in round 15!

benchmark00

So my DT challenge for the week is shot after Jimmy B got subbed whilst on a muscular 2 points.

Got bigger fish to fry anyway. Saving myself for finals. Got roughly $380k in the bank which I plan on investing wisely come the pointy end of the season.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You weren't going to beat me Benchy. You have way more upgrades to make than me.

Will be closer if we play later in the season I'm sure.

But yes Bartel being concussed and subbed off gave you no chance. That being said, couldn't believe you didn't have Riewoldt. Most people did at the start of the year so usually him (and Goddard) doing **** and underperforming this year means **** all.

Obviously you not having Riewoldt has worked though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What happened to Bartel then?

Was he crocked?

Having a shocker: 2 from him, 29 from Nick Riewoldt and 20 from Chris Knights. I'm only 23 ahead of Cass and he's got 2 players in hand on me.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
New rule is once a player is certified to be concussed by club doctors they are not allowed back on the ground.

Even if he wasn't certified concussed or Geelong wanted to try and weasel out of it, they clearly didn't need to risk him, he's such a valuable player.

The fact they could easily win without Selwood and Bartel for that match shows just how ****ing awesome they are.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
For Richmond, Essendon, North and St Kilda's finals hopes, is it better for Melbourne to win tomorrow or Freo?

Obviously if Melbourne lose tomorrow then 8th spot is massively up for grabs. But if Freo lose they are far from certain to make finals as well. Suddenly 7th and 8th is available.

Not sure what the better result is from Richmond's point of view.

And before someone says we're not making finals, yeah yeah but we're still in the race.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Must be said, the Cats have been quietly but ominously effective all season. 12 from 12 and they still aren't favourites to win it.

What was the record for most wins from the start of the season?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Essendon won the first 20 games in season 2000.

The only match they lost was round 21 vs. the Bulldogs.

benchmark00

Must be said, the Cats have been quietly but ominously effective all season. 12 from 12 and they still aren't favourites to win it.

What was the record for most wins from the start of the season?
Collingwood in the 20's went through the whole season undefeated, was only 18 matches though.

St Kilda a few years ago won 19 straight.