• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pretty sure he shrugged that hand a few times on his way to kicking 3 goals against your blokes

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't believe Onthepunt staked their whole weekend on Port Adelaide. They really are the least fit side in the whole competition. Get rid of them.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just a friendly reminder to Jono that it's June at the moment.

Seeing as though the Tigers didn't play this weekend he couldn't be blamed for thinking it was September.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
We play you blokes in Round 24 in September if truth be told.

So not only will we be playing in September, we'll be notching up a win in September.

howardj

International Coach
Yeah Eddie refused to divulge what specifically was said.

I saw his comments on The Sunday Foot Show. Took a shot at our politicans too lol.
He refused to divulge what was said because there was nothing racist said. For McGuire, who I quite like, to bristle up over a reference to Kroucker's stint in jail, is laughable considering what's been said about Steven Milne by Collingwood. And then for him to leave in the air the possibility that the Krouker sledge was somehow race-related is obscene.

"I'm not going to guess as to whether his intentions were racist or otherwise. I'm not a mind-reader,"

just lol

It's like he's using racism as some sort of cover for having a go at someone who was sledging one of his players.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Huh, so why did the original headline say racist taunts? Just because it happened on the same day as Majak Daw was abused?

Weird.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Huh, so why did the original headline say racist taunts? Just because it happened on the same day as Majak Daw was abused?

Weird.
The original story you linked to (which since seems to have been updated) suggested McGuire himself had intimated the comments were racist in intent.

Unless the comments were explicitly racist he's just muddying the waters.

howardj

International Coach
I really don't know what was said, but you would think it there was anything racist, then McGuire would have said so when speaking subsequently to the media. That he tries to intimate that the intent may have racial, says to me that there was nothing said that was explicitly racist.

I think when you go to the footy, especially in a licensed area, you've got to expect a bit of rugged talk from the crowd. Clearly anything racial, or the f or the c words are out of order. Other than that though - there is a time and a place for a bit of straight talkin'...and that time is at the footy, at the end of a long week, in the licensed areas.

If you don't want your kids to hear a bit of straight talkin', don't put them in that position.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Unimpressed.

If he truly believes that having a go for Krakouer's conviction is off limits, that's his view but explicitly say that. Some will agree, others won't. But make it clear that's the issue.

The Majak Daw incident and this have been merged together when they're obviously about different issues.

howardj

International Coach
Left the game at half time on Saturday night. The limpness of the Lions reminded me of my worst sporting performance I've seen in the flesh- Boxing Day 2010 Ashes.

Having won just 5 of our last 28, having had a good long three year opportunity, having made some horrible recruiting calls, and having presided over performances like last Saturday against the Swans...how could we possibly fare any worse under a new coach?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
AFL Tips - Scores

Round 11:

Brumby 7
Jono 7
alternative 7
superkingdave 7
sirbloodyidiot 7
morgie 7
Samuel Vimes 6
howardj 6
Benchmark00 6
Cameel 6
Clapo 6
heath 6

Easy round for most. Only skd picked Melbourne, but he then tipped Brisbane, which prevented the 8. Otherwise most lost out on Melbourne and some lost out on Melbourne and Sydney.

Benchy is still last. Alternative beating Benchy at the end of the season would be hilarious.

Overall Leaderboard:

Brumby 65
howardj 62
clapo 61
sirbloodyidiot 59
Jono 59
Samuel Vimes 58
superkingdave 58
morgie 58
heath 56
cameel 56
alternative 56
Benchmark00 54

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
AFL Tips

Round 12

St. Kilda vs. Western Bulldogs
Adelaide Crows vs. West Coast Eagles
Gold Coast Suns vs. North Melbourne
Geelong Cats vs. Hawthorn
Carlton vs. Brisbane Lions
Sydney Swans vs. Richmond
Fremantle vs. Essendon
Melbourne vs. Collingwood

Bye: Port Adelaide

howardj

International Coach
I can confirm that Harry O will be meeting and then holding a subsequent presser with the Dalai Lama on Thursday.

“I desire to meet individuals who share similar visions and crusades as myself so that I can feed off their energy and continue to drive myself towards the direction of giving hope to all people".

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
AFL Tips

Round 12

St. Kilda vs. Western Bulldogs
Adelaide Crows vs. West Coast Eagles
Gold Coast Suns vs. North Melbourne
Geelong Cats vs. Hawthorn
Carlton vs. Brisbane Lions
Sydney Swans vs. Richmond
Fremantle vs. Essendon
Melbourne vs. Collingwood

Bye: Port Adelaide
Yes please 8|

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Queensland coach Mal Meninga says NRL should target stars from other codes - starting with Lions star Jonathan Brown | Courier Mail

Mal Meninga must be more simple than I thought.

1) AFL do not have centralised contracts like the ARU. You'd think he'd have done his research before writing an article in the paper about that.
2) Rugby league scouts do go to other sport's carnival's to try and scout talent.
3) As if a player like Brown would want to cross over from a better paid code to a lesser paid code where they play in front of 3 men and a couple of stray dogs in a 100,000 seat stadium.

Such a bad article.