• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Offical* EPL and Nationalwide competitions thread

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
Is Andy Oakes back in goal for Derby now since he's returned from injury?
Not yet - needs to get back to full match fitness.
Lee Grant did very well yesterday, apparently. That's not where the problem has lay in the past.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not sure whether Ar$e nil can go the season unbeaten in the league. I'd dearly like them to go 43 games unbeaten - just to knock the tree huggers out of the record books on that one.

Second wish - a point or three for Derby away at Sunderland tomorrow. Good draw away at Sheff Utd the other day, nned to build on that. Peschisolido back.

Re Andy Oakes - he needs to fight for his place (conceded 4 in the reserves the other night but none were his fault). At present, Grant is playing very well.

Craig

World Traveller
Tom Halsey said:
The question remains: can Ar$ehole go the season unbeaten?
Nope.

Vieira or Campbell or Lauren or Toure or rubbish Keown will get sent off for Arsenal this week. Roy Keane is likely for Man Ure.

Craig

World Traveller
Tom Halsey said:
4-1 win today.:D

Plus Ar$ehole to miss 3 open goals.
Yeah with a couple of RVN 6 yard box goals and a goal or two from Henry outside the box.

When you think about it, both score goals from similar areas all the time. I guess that is why people consider Henry to be the best if one of the best strikers in the world.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Yeah with a couple of RVN 6 yard box goals and a goal or two from Henry outside the box.
Erm, if it's 4-1 I guess it'd be a goal from Henry and not 2.

But it isn't going to be 4-1 to Manure by any stretch of the imagination.

More likely the other way - if Arsenal are at full strength...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Ah yes, beating Tottenham 3-0 thanks to 2 last minute goals really proves that you'll thrash an unbeaten Arsenal featuring the best striker in the world...

Who's the centre halves you're going to have?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Dunno - but he certainly doesn't like United.

Marc, we were absolutely brilliant against Spurs (no bias) and thoroughly deserved to win 5 or 6.

If we play like that, I have no doubts that we will beat Ar$ehole.

EDIT: Typo...

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tom Halsey said:
The same Arsenal who are unbeaten all season and have an awesome array of attacking talent that will get chances against Manure's pathetic excuse for a defence?

What ever you say.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Tom Halsey said:
Dunno - but he certainly doesn't like United.

Marc, we were absolutely brilliant against Spurs (no bias) and thoroughly deserved to win 5 or 6.

EDIT: Typo...
Remembering that Utd have no defence, at all, and that Arsenal 2003/04 are arguably one of the best sides ever?

This one could well get quoted a lot.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
The same Arsenal who are unbeaten all season and have an awesome array of attacking talent that will get chances against Manure's pathetic excuse for a defence?

What ever you say.
But if we do play like we did against Tottenham, we will beat them.