cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: *Official* Darts Thread

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I enjoyed how the commentators of the second semi-final continually said that Lewis had played a really good game, despite the fact that he was thrashed 6-0.
    He didn't play badly tbf. He didn't play perfectly obviously (doubling was poor as we all know) but had he played like that vs 95% of the field he would probably have won. He'd have beaten MvG had MvG played like he did in the other rounds as well.

I don't like Lewis though judging from his interviews and general persona so I'm pleased he's out.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

International Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Lewis' averaged over 100 for most of the game, he just couldn't hit a double for love nor money. Just kept giving MvG chances, and you just can't do that. Nice to see MvG win it, very exciting player, love watching the quick players play, they make it looks so easy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome..its a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

Quote Originally Posted by King Pietersen View Post
    love watching the quick players play, they make it looks so easy!
    +1

seeing a 180 responded to with another so quickly is such an epic moment in a match between Lewis and MvG. For some reason watching Phil Taylor's ruthless brilliance is captivating also, when usually it's comes more naturally to barrack for the underdog.

Who we liking for this year?

At least I didn't have to watch Whitlock choke.

International Vice-Captain andmark's Avatar
    The father got Peter Wright at 33/1. I just can't see MvG winning this year as he's too naive and prone to relaxing half way into a game.
    And come what may we're unstoppable
    'cause we know just what we are
    Yeah we know just what we are
    - Oasis, "Stay Young"

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Reckon vG will do it tbh,

Gary Anderson could be worth a shout after seeing him beat Wright tonight

cpr
    And beating MvG tonight

Loving Barney comeback against Taylor - was always my favourite player growing up (diet of BDO only really). My throwing style is based on his.

Dad's been getting a lot of stick over the last week in the pub - as he does every year - as his mates keep recall a near 30 year old quote of my dads after seeing Taylor play in a tournament

'That lad Taylor will probably be a decent player if he ever learns how to ****ing throw properly'. He kinda admits he might've misjudged.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

That must be on a par with the people who probably said "Those Beatles are ****."

Rooting for Anderson tomorrow

cpr
    In my dads defence, Taylor has a rather different style of throwing to many, he almost punches the darts into the board rather than flights them in, the trajectory of his shots is a lot straighter than others. Being short his darts almost fly upwards to the 20 rather than coming down to land in it. It also took him a while to hit his stride, and he wasn't a popular player early on in that Bristow was effectively bankrolling his career whereas others - like my dad - were trying to balance playing darts with a full time job.

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    In my dads defence, Taylor has a rather different style of throwing to many, he almost punches the darts into the board rather than flights them in, the trajectory of his shots is a lot straighter than others. Being short his darts almost fly upwards to the 20 rather than coming down to land in it. It also took him a while to hit his stride, and he wasn't a popular player early on in that Bristow was effectively bankrolling his career whereas others - like my dad - were trying to balance playing darts with a full time job.
    Taylor's darts always look perfectly horizontal on the board, when you'd expect that throwing upwards would cause the darts to also then point upwards. I guess it's just the lightness he throws them with

still scratching around in the same old hole
    6 sets all and this is amazing entertainment!
    andmark likes this.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there will be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Gary!

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Thought Gary had well and truly ****ed it after he said "it's finished" when he was 6-4 up, what a bellend. Well played anyway.

cpr
    Breaking from convention and posting in this thread outside of January.... But Adams has confirmed he'll play in the World Championship of Darts this year - First time he'll face PDC players since just after the split IIRC.

Got a feeling he'll be tanned.....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information