• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2010 thread

howardj

International Coach
Is This Guy Serious?

He code hops at Origin time, timed to create maximum attention/damage, and he says he is the one who is hard done by.

Good luck to him taking the money, but does he expect the red carpet treatment from league?

Craig

World Traveller
Somehow I don't think Andrew Demetriou would shake Tom Scully's hand if Scully announced next year that he was switching over to league.

howardj

International Coach
Then Folau, at the end of the article, makes the ultimate threat...careful, or I will never come back to league :laugh:

Who cares mate...full of self-importance

ripper868

International Coach
Looking forward to Raiders vs Bulldogs next year tbh, reckon it will be the best attended match of the year, no doubt Monaghan will be 'up' for it :ph34r:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Looking forward to Raiders vs Bulldogs next year tbh, reckon it will be the best attended match of the year, no doubt Monaghan will be 'up' for it :ph34r:
I doubt the Raiders will keep him on. Last I heard Cronulla was interested.

I'm sure they could get plenty of people to gather around for that match.

ripper868

International Coach
Yeah I'v eheard they'll likely sack him on Monday as sponsors are threatening to pull out etc.

Looking forward to the commentators describing the 'hardship' he's been through when he scores a try for whatever club he ends up at next year.

Craig

World Traveller
Brisbane Broncos and Greg Inglis are off, with Souths it appears to be the likely favourites to sign him. So to fit him in the cap, Roy Asotasi , from what I've heard, is likely to be the man punted to fit Inglis in. I don't know why Inglis wouldn't pay the QC bill, I mean it's about 1/6th of his contract FFS.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He never really seemed that keen to come to the Broncos. At least we'll have plenty of money now to keep our younger players coming through.

howardj

International Coach
Brisbane Broncos and Greg Inglis are off, with Souths it appears to be the likely favourites to sign him. So to fit him in the cap, Roy Asotasi , from what I've heard, is likely to be the man punted to fit Inglis in. I don't know why Inglis wouldn't pay the QC bill, I mean it's about 1/6th of his contract FFS.
Bingo.

He earns $600 000 year (not including sponsorships) and the matter was not brought against him in his capacity as an NRL player but brought against him as a private citizen...therefore, pay the legal bill yourself. Then one of the homies came out the other day (can't remember if it was Thurston or Hodges or maybe Mundine himself) and said in relation to the legal fees: "NRL and NRL clubs better be careful the way they treat Inglis, otherwise he could leave the code". :laugh: WTF? Does that mean the game would grind to a holt...the league world would end as we know it..

He can bugger off frankly:

(a) We've already got an absolute jet centre - Hogdes. It would have been suspect to tie up $1million+ of the cap on the centre position.

(b) If the stories are true, he was pretty deceptive in the way he went about things.

Julian87

State Captain
Monaghan's brain fade is a blessing in disguise for Canberra.

Means they can field a backline of:

1 Josh Dugan
2 Daniel Vidot
3 Joel Thompson
4 Jarrod Croker
5 Blake Ferguson

and trump Parramatta's offer to Orford.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Burgey can confirm, but I think bestiality is legal in the ACT (or not illegal anyway).
Find this post somewhat disturbing, tbh :ph34r:

Yeah apparently beastiality is not outlawed there. When they repealed buggery as an offence it went off the statute books (or so they said in the paper over the weekend anyway).