• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The MMA/UFC Thread

indiaholic

International Captain
Striking won't even matter vs Holm.. SHe is going to be way better than the rest of the division. Will be interesting to see what happens if the fight goes to the ground.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Conor walks around at 172lbs normally. He's barely put any weight on. He just isn't having to diet for this fight, and will be cutting very little weight.

He also gets tested a ridiculous amount, got tested more than any other UFC fighter in 2015. The steroid allegations are so stupid.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
what, so he cuts 12kg before every fight? That's ridiculous.

I don't know whether he juices or not, but what he walks around at is not relevant. He went from 65kg to 77kg. Even if 5kg was water weight, he's still put on 7kg in 3 months. It's clearly not a stupid allegation.

Being tested doesn't mean jack ****.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
Probably each and every one of them is on steroids. Don't care tbh. 65kgs is the weight at weigh ins. He will fight at about 70 after rehydration.

King Pietersen

International Captain
what, so he cuts 12kg before every fight? That's ridiculous.

I don't know whether he juices or not, but what he walks around at is not relevant. He went from 65kg to 77kg. Even if 5kg was water weight, he's still put on 7kg in 3 months. It's clearly not a stupid allegation.

Being tested doesn't mean jack ****.
He doesn't cut from 172, that's what he walks around at before he starts dieting and cutting. Probably cuts from 160 the week or so of a fight. He also only weighs 65kg for about an hour, and then balloons back up to a healthier weight. On fight night he's typically around 163 - 165. Conor shouldn't ever really weigh 145, he looks so drawn out at every weigh in. 155 is his natural weightclass and where he should be.

No-one at SBG has ever been popped, and with the extensive testing that Conor undertakes I'd be very surprised if he's on anything. Obviously he could be, but in my eyes, innocent until proven guilty.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Again, the testing doesn't mean horse****. You'd pretty much have to inject right in front of the testers to be caught.

It's not one of those cases where you look at him and know - I'm pretty much the same height and weight and physique as him (humblebrag) so it's not like I think it's unobtainable to look like that. It's the fact that he's shot up that quickly. I accept that a lot of it is water weight after a cut but it's still very difficult to put on that much without dumping on a bit of fat.

indiaholic

International Captain
He has a bit of fat? Saw a substantial change in definition in some of the pics but then that is a bad way to judge I guess as that may just be lighting.

cnerd123

likes this
Its not unsual at all for fighters to drop 20-30 pounds from their walking weights at weigh in.

He's probably at a higher body fat % now than he was when fighting at 145 too. Usually two weeks before the fight is where training winds down the fighters begin cutting and dieting; so Connor has just skipped that phase and is fighting at the weight he probably already is walking at.

cnerd123

likes this
Having said that; elite athletes at a physically intense combat sport? They're probably all on something. The tests just catch the careless ones. I mean, Lance Armstrong passed every drug test for a decade before he was busted. Guys who you would never guess were on the juice by looking at them have been busted. Its just the reality of the sport.

King Pietersen

International Captain

Conor is currently waking up at 168lbs. He's not bulked up a ridiculous amount at all. Could easily go back down to 145.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Ido Portal is the yoga instructor from GTA V.

Can do some ****ing insane stuff though. The rings workout Conor was doing in one of the preview shows looked ridiculously intense. Got to have some serious core strength to be able to do that stuff.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea I'm becoming a massive fan of Ido Portal and Connor's training methods. Looks ridiculous but seems like its really working. Connor moves so well.

cnerd123

likes this
r/cricket isnt bad tbf. They may not have a Jord or Dawood, but they're a nice bunch of ****s and bhenchods

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Ido Portal is a quack and a scam artist. Dude charges $1K for a non-personalised program and runs group programs charging 700 where he's not even there, and has people teaching basic **** you can learn by watching a youtube video.

I guess all personal trainers are hustlers to some degree, but he's one of the worst.

Look at his videos. If you saw that **** on an informercial in the middle of the day you'd be making fun of it.

If you want to learn some gymnastics just go to any gymnastics coach. Ditto re: parkour.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
What is he teaching though? It just seems weird. Seems like some solid stuff like ring work and some mobility dirills with random dancing? Feels a bit cultish..