• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW Cup: battle of the association football teams

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Why? I don't particularly like or dislike either of them. If there needs to be a tie breaker though I'll happily do it then, otherwise I don't see why I should contribute to a vote when I have no opinion which means the result won't reflect the actual consensus.
Because the whole competition has been designed for arbitrary snap judgements; which is how some of the most enduring and passionate loves & hates in the beautiful game are made. Vote on the name, look at their wiki page, Google them, but just vote.

The other vote not counting unless is the incentive to avoid fence-sitters.

Anderlecht & MK Dons
You've now voted for all 4 teams.... :p

Matters not tho; Ajax advance 15-4 & Brentford down the hated Franchise FC 18-1. Would've gone with the consensus; love Ajax for giving the world our Dennis and buying a place in the league is just anti the whole pyramid ethos.

Next:

27. BSC Young Boys v 28. Cork City

29. Tottenham Hotspur v 30. Cheltenham Town

The amusingly named Swiss take on Roy Keane's home town club & the pride of Gloucestershire face the team from the cheaper end of the Seven Sisters Road.

Indipper

State Regular
Missed the Ajax vote. Doesn't matter, they got through.

Spurs cause, uh, I don't know. What reason can a mountain have?

YBB vs Cork. Chocolate vs whiskey. I'll take chocolate everytime TBH.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Cork City - Roy Keane used to play for them

Cheltenham - Spurs have just got a draw with us so I'm not that happy plus most of their fans on another forum I'm on want the scousers to win the league

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Cork City - Roy Keane used to play for them

Cheltenham - Spurs have just got a draw with us so I'm not that happy plus most of their fans on another forum I'm on want the scousers to win the league
My thoughts pretty much exactly.

Cork and Cheltenham.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Not that bothered though, certainly not as much as I am that the Cornish green slime, the dirties and Man U haven't come up yet, Will I have to vote for one of these evils:unsure:
I'm actually surprised United are even in the comp, can't really see the point of it. Given the number of people (both in this forum and generally on planet earth) who hold them solely responsible for everything from starting the bubonic plague to causing world poverty, I reckon they could be drawn against the Adolf Hitler Kiddy-Fiddling Nazi Allstars and still get beaten. Comfortably.

Last edited: