• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2009 Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This game isnt over, if Cowboys can get on a bit of a roll they'll be hard to hold out. Raiders probably only need one more try to kill the game though.

Burgey

Well done Canberra. Thoroughly deserved win.

Carl Webb again exposed as a myth. Good.

Have to say League's malaise is well summed up by the fact Jonathon Thurston is widely considered the game's best player.

Good player? Yep
Very good? Yep
Great? Not a chance.

"Oooh he throws a dummy then takes off. He's great". Bull****. Can name 10 half backs I've seen who'd wipe the floor with him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I forgot to post my tips in this thread this week.. what do I actually get? 0?

I only actually got 1 so it's not going to have a huge effect if so. :p

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I forgot to post my tips in this thread this week.. what do I actually get? 0?

I only actually got 1 so it's not going to have a huge effect if so. :p
You'll get the same score as lowest score by someone who did put theirs in. So if ripper got the last game wrong....then yes, you'll have 0 :p

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Ah okay didn't know that. Stapleton would be a chance though.
Nah I checked before and Stapleton's listed as a Center/Fullback so I reckon we should go for one of these three David Simmons, Kyle O'Donnell or Ben Orcher

Simon

Surely Simmons has had enough chances, hes played 100 games in the nrl and showed nothing more than being a below average first grader.

ripper868

International Coach
You'll get the same score as lowest score by someone who did put theirs in. So if ripper got the last game wrong....then yes, you'll have 0 :p

Tipped the raiders unfortunately, was quite looking forward to having a 0 next to my name for the first time in my tipping career.

Simon

Disappointed I missed out on the Sportal prize pack this week, got the third highest score in the whole competition which has moved me up to 36th overall.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heh, my boss tipped the mighty 0 this week. Needless to say, we'll be letting him know about it :p

Burgey

Brett Finch granted an immediate release by Parra to play in England, according to 2KY this morning.

I assume Fui Fui Moi Moi will be wearing the number 7 this week.

Thank **** I tipped the Dragons in the LMS competition.

Simon

Finch is rubbish, Kris Keating is the most creative player outside of Mateo Parra have. Give him a month in the number 7 to see how he goes. If not then its come on down Daniel Mortimer.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow that's crazy. He must have been unhappy, there's no way Parra would be happy to see him leaving.

In all seriousness though, will we see Mateo - 6, Hayne - 7? Or do Parra have a solid junior halfback coming through?

Simon

Mortimer is good, cant see how they would even consider Hayne at halfback. If they dont want to blood someone too early or want to keep Kris Keating on the bench then 7 Matt Keating 9 Kevin Kingston is an option for them too.

Burgey

Wow that's crazy. He must have been unhappy, there's no way Parra would be happy to see him leaving.

In all seriousness though, will we see Mateo - 6, Hayne - 7? Or do Parra have a solid junior halfback coming through?
For all Finch's limitations (and they are many), at least he always had a go.

I dare say he was probably unhappy that several of his team mates often didn't.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
lol why would you release your halfback when you have basically nothing else to replace them. Especially when you have a lock or a winger playing 5/8 already.

Can't see either Keating boys being more then servicable. Would take a punt on Mortimer personally.

Burgey

True, but if he's not happy and he's taking up a shedload of your cap, why keep him?