• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Ali TT

International Debutant
#TatuMVP
#BestPlayerBestTeam
😁
Yeah but also a pretty stacked team and his output has dropped from last year (as a consequence of having more stars around him). Giannis similar at Milwaukee and Edwards at Minnesota.

By the way, if @Victor Ian is still looking for evidence of Lebron's brilliance, his final quarter effort v the Clippers this week was GOAT-level (although I'd still rank MJ as #1).

Last edited:

Victor Ian

International Coach
Not bad. I can appreciate it because I hate Harden more. I think what I hate about LeBron is his wanker, non play things, like wagging his tong, crowning himself all the time, doing that push the hands down thing etc.
But this seems to be a modern players thing. Wanking has become common.

Ali TT

International Debutant
Not bad. I can appreciate it because I hate Harden more. I think what I hate about LeBron is his wanker, non play things, like wagging his tong, crowning himself all the time, doing that push the hands down thing etc.
But this seems to be a modern players thing. Wanking has become common.
Not sure wanking was anything but, despite the best efforts of Kellogg.

I agree his mannerisms are a bit irritating but Jordan was and still is an utter **** to opponents and team mates, so I'm not sure I'll hold them against LBJ.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Not sure wanking was anything but, despite the best efforts of Kellogg.

I agree his mannerisms are a bit irritating but Jordan was and still is an utter **** to opponents and team mates, so I'm not sure I'll hold them against LBJ.
Yeah, but a **** is more enjoyable than a ****.

Ali TT

International Debutant
I've watched the Clippers blow two large 4Q leads in a week. This team is soft.

Dallas need to blow their team up and start again

Lakers seem to be gaining momentum into the playoffs. I hate the hype around them but suspect there's something in it this year.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Lakers won't match their performance from last year. They will have to come through the play-in tournament again and even if they make it, there are just too many strong teams in the West who are capable of beating them in the playoffs...

I want the Nuggets to repeat but as things stand, the Clippers or the Suns should be favored to come out of the West.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Lakers won't match their performance from last year. They will have to come through the play-in tournament again and even if they make it, there are just too many strong teams in the West who are capable of beating them in the playoffs...

I want the Nuggets to repeat but as things stand, the Clippers or the Suns should be favored to come out of the West.
I hope that the Lakers get caught up in a brutal play in slugfest, on their way to getting blown out of the first round of the playoffs. :yes:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I am also counting on the Celtics getting banner 18 this year. That luxury tax bill is going to make it really hard to keep this core together beyond this season.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I am also counting on the Celtics getting banner 18 this year. That luxury tax bill is going to make it really hard to keep this core together beyond this season.
They are the clear favorites this season as long as the team remains healthy...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I hope that the Lakers get caught up in a brutal play in slugfest, on their way to getting blown out of the first round of the playoffs. :yes:
It can easily happen, there are no pushovers among the top 10 in the West...

Ali TT

International Debutant

Nah, Clippers have no cohesion, have fitness issues and will under perform.* I'd lump them with the other teams in the West where stars have been thrown together including the Suns and Mavs and end up being less than the sum of their parts.

Lakers had to go full pelt after the AS weekend to just get into the play-in last year and ran out of steam by the time they faced the Nuggets. Think they're in a more comfortable place this time and could still get into the top 6.

They're isn't a huge difference between 1-10 in the west so agree any number of sides could get to the Finals.

*Feel free to come back to this post when the Clippers sail through the play-offs 🤣

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
The Clippers' biggest issue over the past few seasons has been the health of the Brittle Bros. I know they sacrificed part of their depth to acquire Harden but if Leonard and George stay healthy, they will have a deep playoff run. I expect Harden to do some version of his patented disappearing act come the playoffs but he doesn't really need to do much for them to contend if Leonard and George are at full strength. Westbrook seems to have adjusted well to the support role and if he stays unselfish, he can/will help them too.

I wouldn't underestimate the Suns...if Durant, Booker and Beal can stay healthy, they will be a nightmare for any team.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Pups and Pels are the teams I worry about. I don't think anyone else in the West can handle us over 7