• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
assuming they get through the 1st round, i don't see anyone stopping them in the east...at the very least it should be another finals for lebron, i think he has a better chance (comparatively) against houston than against golden state...it is not beyond the realm of possibility that he wins this year...but he will be one exhausted man at the end of it all because he will have to do it all, again and again, series after series...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So that was a pretty epic game. OKC needed more 3 point shooting, can't believe how many offensive rebounds Adams got in the final few minutes. Great series, great win for the Jazz. Don Mitchell = star.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Feel so sorry for Westbrook after that game. He played amazingly, with a little help from Adams and Grant. They just needed a little bit from George.

Donovan Mitchell was epic as well.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
OKC were atrocious at the end... sooooo many chances to tie it. Mitchell is a superstar.
I mean they came back from 10 points down in the final quarter, and did well to get those rebounds. There were a few odd referee calls mixed in there too. They lost the game in the middle when they first allowed Utah to get out in front with a series of lazy turnovers - most of them from George.

I don't know enough to know whether they had any alternatives, but Carmelo Anthony is looking like a terrible buy.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
westbrook took 43 shots, (39 in the last one if i remember correctly)...as long as he continues to be an inefficient volume shooter, the thunder aren't going to win anything of note..it's not as if he has no help now, with two proven scorers by his side, there is no justification for this style of play...he can say he doesn't care what people think as much as he wants but he is just as responsible for their losses as their wins...hero ball isn't going to get him a ring...

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
westbrook took 43 shots, (39 in the last one if i remember correctly)...as long as he continues to be an inefficient volume shooter, the thunder aren't going to win anything of note..it's not as if he has no help now, with two proven scorers by his side, there is no justification for this style of play...he can say he doesn't care what people think as much as he wants but he is just as responsible for their losses as their wins...hero ball isn't going to get him a ring...
Those shooting numbers are inflated by the end-of-game craziness. There's no question Westbrook got them back into the game.

I don't disagree with the overall sentiment though. I do think it's harsh to sy that after he played a great game.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Those shooting numbers are inflated by the end-of-game craziness. There's no question Westbrook got them back into the game.

I don't disagree with the overall sentiment though. I do think it's harsh to sy that after he played a great game.
sure of course he is incredibly talented, a great player, he gets them back into games, he wins games single-handedly etc etc...but he is also the biggest reason they lose on big stages...both durant and he used to play hero ball in okc and that lost them key playoff series...durant went to golden state, learnt to play within the construct of a team, became significantly more efficient, committed to defense, essentially got over himself...last year westbrook did this all the time and the excuse (admittedly much more justified last season) was that he didn't have any help...this year he doesn't have that excuse but he is doing more or less the same thing...also he has this irritating habit of playing for stats (well all stats except for shooting %)...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
NBA League Pass was available for Rs. 99 (1.5 dollars) so I bought it hoping to having a nice experience. Pain on the firestick app and even in the browser streams slow down. Internet connection isn't the issue and it's is the same for so many people world wide. Meh.

Any ways, really enjoying the playoffs.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Would anyone have a problem if Baynes outshone Simmons in this round of the playoffs? I wouldn't :naughty:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
utah will lose the series but good to see they are not making it easy for the rockets...

Last edited: