• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
So the Cavs game plan to beat the dubs is running iso for 10 minutes in the fourth. Got it.
according to an espn reporter, there has been some friction between irving and james on who should be "da man" in the 4th quarter...which is apparently why irving played so much iso ball in those 10 min...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
well we'll see whether lebron stays in cleveland if they lose this year's finals as well...

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
A bit of a joke that he wasn't suspended for the much worse hits, and gets suspended for reacting to Lebron literally walking over him. I guess that's one way to extend the series.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I think GSW will still win. Ultimately, Green got let off lightly against OKC and it seems in some part to be a make-up call.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I think GSW will still win. Ultimately, Green got let off lightly against OKC and it seems in some part to be a make-up call.
It's bull**** tbh. I was raging about Green throughout the OKC series and he absolutely should have been suspended... but Warriors were down 2-1 at the time so you couldn't have that. Now that they're up 3-1 it makes sense to suspend him as a make-up call? And the flagrant itself was a joke compared what he got away with in the last series. Lebron provoked him by pulling him down and stepping over him, and the attempted nutshot by Green was by far the mildest and most inadvertent looking in these playoffs.

As I've said before, Dray is a bitch and I have little sympathy for him, but this is just blatant from the league.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
You'd have to think they made some kind of agreement with him dialling it in. I'd say the suspension is harsh but he isn't blameless. You'd think he'd know he's on a tight rope for the rest of the playoffs.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's bull**** tbh. I was raging about Green throughout the OKC series and he absolutely should have been suspended... but Warriors were down 2-1 at the time so you couldn't have that. Now that they're up 3-1 it makes sense to suspend him as a make-up call? And the flagrant itself was a joke compared what he got away with in the last series. Lebron provoked him by pulling him down and stepping over him, and the attempted nutshot by Green was by far the mildest and most inadvertent looking in these playoffs.

As I've said before, Dray is a bitch and I have little sympathy for him, but this is just blatant from the league.
well ok, but the 4 flagrants rule was in place before this all happened so...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah the aggressive intent was there for sure although there was no significant physical contact but James is at least as much to blame for the situation I think...in any case let's see if their vaunted depth can compensate for Green's loss, they haven't really played without him this season (one game I think)...so this will be a big challenge for them...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Draymond is the most important player in the league in terms of how important he is to the way his team plays. I really don't think they can win without him in this game, people don't understand how amazing and versatile he is on defence.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
curry a little sloppy so far but it's been a competitive game, james, irving and smith all in good form for cleveland, thompson holding up the warriors' end for now...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
james and irving in ominous form...for once iguodala looking ineffective in his defense of james...unless golden state tightens up on defense and stems the flow of turnovers in the 2nd half, i think cleveland will steal this game...the warriors are really missing green on both ends of the floor...

Last edited: