• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
golden state a definite favorite for the finals...if the cavs get irving back and healthy, it could be a competitive series though..

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Hypothetically if Bron rings this year where does that put him regarding GOAT?
I think it'll put him in the discussion. If he wins a couple more I think he'll be considered the GOAT - freshest in the memory and all that, as well as being an incredible player. By the end of his career he'll probably break a ****load more records.

Lebron's a physical phenom and he is also a wonderfully skilled player; but I think he has to develop his game more as he ages. But just looking at his career now as it is, it's amazing. He was basically an all-star level player out of high school and started putting up HOF kind of numbers in his 2nd year. Hasn't stopped since then. If he had a better team he'd already have a couple more rings.

I don't think he'll do it this season though. Cavs aren't good enough and GSW are too good - all-time level good.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Would be wierd if both Conference finals wound up being sweeps.

In other newa Celtics being rumored to be chasing pretty much every free agent or star with a player option.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't decide who to root for in this Finals. I guess I'd be happy either way. Warriors have to be heavy favourites though.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Warriors in 6 I reckon. Would love Lebron to have the series of a generation and win with the Knickaliers.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Worried about Thibs going to Nawlins. He might absolutely destroy Davis by playing him 47 minutes a game. He doesn't have a particularly good injury record as it is.

If I was him I would deffo consider a year off and going for the Lakers when they have cap space and Kobe is gone.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
You think Lebron is gonna be okay with never having a day off practice during the season and leading the league in minutes? You're crazy.
People way overdo the whole 'Thibs is crazy with workload' thing. His biggest problem is being stubborn and sticking with a 90's type offense that worries no one and then refusing to make adjustments. I have much more of a problem with him playing Noah and Butler 50 minutes each in a useless end of season OT game knowing Noah had knee issues. The day-to-day stuff is something only media likes to complain about, most NBA folks I've heard talk about this don't see it as uncommon or worrisome.

That said, I agree Lebron probably wouldn't prefer a taskmaster with dated offense. I was really speaking from a "what else could piss me off this year" perspective.

Last edited: