• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2008-2009

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The Albion didn't disgrace themselves there at all. Nicely taken goal from The New Zidane™, but always thought we had more gears to go through.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We got the Baggies at home in the League Cup 2nd round OK there not a a very good Premiership side but still a Premiership side reckon we might be able cause an upset.

Got Tranmere away today, can't get down to watch unfortunately. Hopefully we can make it 3 wins out of 3 this season really need to improve our away form from last season which was piss poor.

Prediction 2-1 pools both goals from James Brown.
You didn't miss much, wasn't much between us think we just about deserved the win. We have a lot of work to do, nonetheless nice to have three points on the board, get Greenacre & Shuker fit and we'll have a good side

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Torres scores, could be there year this year.......

Spurs supporters already complaining on phone-ins, even for them that's early:laugh:

In other news, lucky ****ing Shrews

Last edited:

Matteh

Why it'd take Exeter years and years to get ou the Conf...actually my Exeter supporting friend came on MSN, i'll rip into him instead. :cool:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Grrr, 3-2, thought we had at least a point there as well, which I'd have taken before the start, with that side out and no-one on the bench. It was mentioned on radio commentary that high-chairs would have been more appropriate by the side of the pitch. I was older than several of them :(. Desperately, desperately need a couple of new signings - two midfielders and a striker at the very least. And Cahill, Anichebe, Pienaar, Vaughan all back.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
As an Arsenal fan I feel pretty pleased with the result earlier today, got 3 points out of the way with no major scares, didn't play particularly well but decently enough, as Brumby has said, after a very shaky start Brom didn't disgrace themselves and held Arsenal up well enough.

Decent debut from Nasri, grabbing a goal and showing some nice touches, pleasingly showed a physical side to his game and wasn't pushed off the ball at all like you may expect a young player from abroad to in his first few games.

Also thought Denilson was very good today, star man for me.

chalky

International Debutant
You didn't miss much, wasn't much between us think we just about deserved the win. We have a lot of work to do, nonetheless nice to have three points on the board, get Greenacre & Shuker fit and we'll have a good side
Well done reckon it will be tight this season can't see Leeds running away with the division as most pundits seem to think.

How did Godwin Antwi do for you lot. We had him last season and looked like a outsatnding talent big, strong, quick athletic but made one clanger after another. When there was a huge call for him to be dropped it turned out that his loan contract from Liverpool stated that if he played 1st team Liverpool would pay his wages if he didn't we had to. Certainly cost us a few points even if it saved us a few quid.

Craig

World Traveller
Grrr, 3-2, thought we had at least a point there as well, which I'd have taken before the start, with that side out and no-one on the bench. It was mentioned on radio commentary that high-chairs would have been more appropriate by the side of the pitch. I was older than several of them :(. Desperately, desperately need a couple of new signings - two midfielders and a striker at the very least. And Cahill, Anichebe, Pienaar, Vaughan all back.
Well it has been reported your lot will get Juventus flop Tiago Mendis on loan. Well it looks like he will need a new club since he moved out of his place in Turin.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well done reckon it will be tight this season can't see Leeds running away with the division as most pundits seem to think.

How did Godwin Antwi do for you lot. We had him last season and looked like a outsatnding talent big, strong, quick athletic but made one clanger after another. When there was a huge call for him to be dropped it turned out that his loan contract from Liverpool stated that if he played 1st team Liverpool would pay his wages if he didn't we had to. Certainly cost us a few points even if it saved us a few quid.
Yeah, the guy is looking shaky so far. Wouldn't be surprised if he had similar clause this time round, as it seemed certain we would drop a defender for the returning Ian Goodison, but instead we moved Antony Kay (legend btw) into midfield.

Antwi, Moore and Savage all got roundly booed by your lot, I believe Savage is due to some disrespectful celebrations or something

chalky

International Debutant
Yeah, the guy is looking shaky so far. Wouldn't be surprised if he had similar clause this time round, as it seemed certain we would drop a defender for the returning Ian Goodison, but instead we moved Antony Kay (legend btw) into midfield.

Antwi, Moore and Savage all got roundly booed by your lot, I believe Savage is due to some disrespectful celebrations or something
Suprised & dissapointed Moore got booed had a lot of time for him always give it 100% when he played for us. Wish we had kept him TBH.

The Bas Savage thing relates to the beginning of 2006/2007 when he had a trial with us. After making a lot of positive noises Danny Wilson suprisingly decided not to take him on. I think Savage felt he had been led down the garden path a wasted a quite a few weeks at the beginning of the season. Anyway last season he comes on as sub for Brighton and scored a 90th minute winner at the Vic then gives it the 'stuff you' sign towards the bench. The crowd where incensed though as thew game was our 1st game since youth player Michael Maidens had died in road acciden, and the game was a tribute to his memory, so there was already a lot of emotion attached to the game. The gesture was seen as a huge sign of dissrespect and he has been on the most hated list ever since.

I think Savage had a point TBH but that was not the game to express it.

grecian

Yeah, probably should of put "much better".

Still a decent performance, and certainly looking like they're going to be a more attacking force then under Jose or average.

chalky

International Debutant
Newcastle giving it a decent go in the 1st half.

I expected Man Utd to thrash them.

Rooney doesn't look 100% also.