• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2008-2009

Craig

World Traveller
Adrian Mutu has been forced to cough up £9.6m in compensation to Chelsea for breeching his contract when he tested positive for cocaine back in 2004.

Ouch (serves him right too).

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Adrian Mutu has been forced to cough up £9.6m in compensation to Chelsea for breeching his contract when he tested positive for cocaine back in 2004.

Ouch (serves him right too).
Hahaha. Never has the price of a line been so high.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's about the standard price in West London, actually

I love this time of year: you can watch the Euros safe in the knowledge that anyone who has even a half-decent game will end up in the Prem next year

DJellett

International Debutant
Chris Kirkland, 21 now, will be the world's finest goalkeeper by 2008, especially after another five years of shot-stopping practice at the back of Liverpool's attack-shy team.

Leeds' Paul Robinson, 23, is unlikely to be far behind his Liverpool rival and the two of them are likely to vie, Shilton-Clemence style, for the number one jersey for many years.

LOLL

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Chris Kirkland's gun when he's not a cripple. Preferred "the likes of Liverpool's Neil Mellor, Aston Villa's Darius Vassell, Leeds' James Milner [and West Ham's Jermaine Defoe] will all be in the prime of their careers" myself.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
AWTA, especially the Neil Mellor part, who..? :huh:
Young striker who broke the Liverpool first team about five years ago, only to fade away into obscurity. No idea who he's playing for now, believe he's floated around the Championship with Stoke and others.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Did score a screamer against Arsenal one year to win it in the last minute, I think it was 04/05 because we were miles behind Arsenal already and needed them to drop points (which didn't look likely) when they suddenly started obliging.

Not that it helped us win the league but I did punch the air when it went in.

Craig

World Traveller
Did score a screamer against Arsenal one year to win it in the last minute, I think it was 04/05 because we were miles behind Arsenal already and needed them to drop points (which didn't look likely) when they suddenly started obliging.

Not that it helped us win the league but I did punch the air when it went in.
It was. I believe it was knee injuries that halted a lot of his career when at Liverpool.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Yeah I remember him. He and Sinama-Pongolle were gonna be gun.
Anyone remember Anthony Le Tallec? No? Didn't think so, but at one point he and Pongolle were considered the next big things of French football. How times change - I be they're glad Nasri, Benzema and Ben Arfa came along.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Anyone remember Anthony Le Tallec? No? Didn't think so, but at one point he and Pongolle were considered the next big things of French football. How times change - I be they're glad Nasri, Benzema and Ben Arfa came along.
Remember him too.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Haha, remember Le Tallec & Sinama playing for France U15 v Finland U15 at Blundell Park. 5-0 and they were both superb...

Craig

World Traveller
How could one forget Bruno Cheyrou? He was once touted as the next 'Zidane' and is now running around for Rennes in Ligue 1. There is one thing the French have learned off the English is how to hyperbole any young players in comparison with current great or former great. I mean weren't the likes of Dominic Cork, Phil DeFreitas, Chris Lewis, Adam Hollioake etc. were meant to the next (Sir) Ian Botham?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Cheyrou used to get routine scathings from radio5live, and deservedly so tbh, disliked by liverpool fans and pundits alike.